The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley: 10 Things You Need to Know
You probably already know a thing or two about The Vampire Diaries’ Paul Wesley (Stefan): He’s got piercing green eyes; he’s married to Torrey DeVito. He's super hot... But while you may think you know everything about Paul, there’s still a lot to learn. Wanna test your Wesley wisdom? Read on!
1. His given name is Paul Thomas Wasilewski, but he shortened his surname to Wesley somewhere along the line. Smart move.
2. He loves himself some outdoor winter sports. Paul says some of his fave pastimes are snowboarding and ice hockey.
3. He’s Polish and lived there for part of his childhood. Handsome and worldly? Check and check. Did you know Paul even speaks the lingo?
4. Paul is a reformed bad boy. Okay, you caught us, we sort of knew that already. But what we didn’t know was...
5. He covered up an old tattoo with a rose. No deets on what the original was, but we can’t think of a better way to bury your bad boy ways than by covering up some skull-and-crossbones teenage mishap with the world’s sweetest-smelling plant. Shows real growth.
6. His favorite Vampire Diaries moment ever? The one right before Stefan and Elena make love for their first time. There are few things hotter/more adorbs than watching him discuss this moment. (We’re seriously beginning to doubt that “bad boy” label...)
7. He originally auditioned for the role of Damon Salvatore. Paul didn’t have his heart set on playing the level-headed younger Salvatore from the start. He actually read for Damon first, but we think he ended up in the right place.
8. Even though he’s been independently pursuing his career since high school, Paul admits he’s very close to his family. Word is he maintains close relationships with his mama and three sisters. Cute!
9. He didn’t go to his prom. Très rebellious. Future super stars have much better things to do on Saturday night, obvi.
10. He was made for supernatural roles. Or least vampire ones. Not only has Paul starred in three supernatural lead roles (Wolf Lake, Fallen, The Vampire Diaries), the New Jersey native also has naturally pointed teeth. Yes, really!
Sources: The Vampire Diaries Fansite, Flixster, TV Guide