Tonight, Grey’s Anatomy celebrates its 200th episode. As we prepare for the wave of emotions we’ll feel during Season 10, Episode 4 (“Puttin’ on the Ritz”), Wetpaint Entertainment is taking a look back at all the reasons we’ve grown to love Grey’s Anatomy. Between the hot docs, (Mc)steamy action in the on-call rooms, and endearing friendships, what’s not to love?
We first met Meredith Grey and Co. back in 2005 when they were mere interns at Seattle Grace. Throughout the years, we’ve laughed with them, cried with them, and mourned with them (we’re still not over the loss of Mark and Lexie), but the one thing that’s kept us coming back week after week is love.
So presented without commentary — and in no particular order — here are 100 reasons we love Grey’s Anatomy.
2. “Cosy in the Rocket”
3. Ellen Pompeo’s hair
4. “Pick me. Choose me. Love me.”
6. Jesse Williams’s abs
7. Post-it note weddings
8. Shonda Rhimes
9. Meredith and Cristina’s friendship
10. Music moments like this one
11. Bailey aka “The Nazi” and her fierceness
12. MerDer moments
13. Weird medical cases
14. “Teach me.”
15. Denny Duquette
16. Meredith’s bathtub
17. Awkward elevator conversations
18. “Stop looking at my va-jay-jay.”
19. Tequila shots at Joe’s pub
20. “Chasing Cars.”
21. Izzie’s baking
22. A new place to put giant checks
23. Because rewatching it doesn’t make it less exciting
24. Mer and Cristina’s sleepovers
25. “You’re my person.”
26. Trailer man vacations
27. Because they can operate with a gun to their heads
28. The losses felt real because we love them
29. The episode where Bailey sang “God Bless the Child” was beautiful
30. Callie’s black panties
31. Callie dance parties in the basement
32. Burke’s mom
33. Cristina’s eyebrows at her Burke wedding
34. The chemistry between Owen and Teddie, even though we didn’t want them together
35. Cristina is brilliant and all the guys fall in love with her for it
36. George helping Izzie down the aisle.
37. Callie and Arizona
38. Arizona’s rollie sneakers.
39. Cristina’s bathtub scene
40. “What about me?”
41. Jesse Williams’ eyes
42. “She’s a good swimmer.”
43. “Give your mama a kiss, Jackson. Your mama just bought you a hospital.”
44. Little Grey
45. “I’m Addison Shepherd.”
46. "Unless you give me a reason not to."
47. Sara Ramirez's voice.
46. Sandra Oh's crying.
49. Mark and Derek's bromance.
50. The Chief, who will always be The Chief even if he doesn't actually hold that title.
51. Ben Warren, a guy actually worthy of Bailey.
53. Henry Burton
54. "You're in my. It's...you're like...it's...it's like you're a disease."
55. April losing her virginity before the boards.
56. "My funny Valentine."
57. The interns, who are growing on us.
58. Derek and Cristina fishing.
59. Mark as Jackson's mentor.
60. Owen interacting with kids.
61. The fact that Cristina doesn't want kids, and sticks by that.
62. "You can't die, because we're supposed to end up together. We're meant to be."
63. Alex's warm gooey center.
64. Cristina teasing people.
65. Callie and Arizona's first kiss.
66. "Seattle Grace Mercy Death."
67. Renaming it Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital (*sob*)
68. Chandra Wilson's voice.
69. The fact that Kevin McKidd and Chandra Wilson get to direct, too.
70. 30-second dance party
71. Alex’s wedding vows with Izzie
72. Meredith’s house of candles
73. Golfing on the roof.
74. Patrick Dempsey's hair.
75. “I'm a superstar! A superstar with a scalpel!”
77. The alternate universe episode.
78. Meredith cutting Cristina out of her wedding dress.
79. Cristina's red wedding dress when she married Owen.
80. Doctor's playing baseball.
81. McSteamy...in a towel.
82. "I'm in. All the way."
82. “If you love someone, you tell them – even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared it’ll cause problems. Even if you’re scared that it will burn your life to the ground – you say it and you say it loud.”
83. "I'm pretty...In my family I was always the pretty one. My face, my eyes. The body. You should see me with no shirt on. It's sort of ridiculous."
84. Meredith's mom.
85. A bomb in a body.
86. The fact that it had one of its most thrilling finales six seasons in.
87. Richard faking cheer at Bailey's wedding even though Adele died.
88. Heart surgery in the elevator.
89. The musical episode.
90. Meredith (finally) getting pregnant and baby Bailey.
91. The fact that the cast keeps shifting, but we still love most of the characters.
92. "It’s a beautiful day to save lives, people.”
94. “You want to call me Dr. Model, that's fine. But just remember that while you're sitting on two-hundred grand of student loans, I'm out of debt.”
95. Kevin McKidd’s real accent (Scottish!)
96. Patrick Dempsey’s juggling
97. Kyle Chandler
98. “Tiny humans”
99. Callie coming out to her dad.
100. Kendrick Lamar
Do you agree with our list, Grey’s fans? Is there anything we’ve missed? Sound off in the comments!
Catch the 200th episode of Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, October 10, 2013, at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.
Crystal Bell is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment and our resident fangirl. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!