10 Things You Need to Know About Glee’s New Football Player, Chord Overstreet
Move over McHinley High boys, there’s a new dreamboat in town and his name is Sam Evans! When Chord Overstreet (Sam Evans) made his debut on last night’s episode of Glee, we were immediately struck by his golden boy looks, his sultry voice, his luscious lips, and those gorgeous abs. It got us to wondering: Who IS this guy and where has he been all our lives? We immediately got to investigating Glee’s new star and wanted to share our findings. Here are the top 10 things you need to know about Chord rightnow.
10. He’s from Nashville, Tennessee.
9. It sounds strange, but Chord is indeed his real first name. Chord’s dad is a songwriter and ‘chord’ is a musical term (obvs). There are three notes in a chord and Chord was the third born, hence his melodious name.
8. He was bound to end up as a musician. His first instrument was a mandolin, given to him by his parents at the age of 3. He was a small boy, so it was the smallest instrument they could think of. At 6 years old, he started played the drums, and at 8 he began strumming the guitar.
6. He would love to cover a John Mayer or a Justin Timberlake song — specifically “Losing My Way,” “Cry Me a River,” or T.I’s “Dead and Gone,” he says.
5. His dad has worked with the likes of Kenny Chesney, Randy Travis, and the Judds, so he naturally has an inclination for country music and would love to sing a country song on Glee if the writers are willing.
4. He’s a novice Tweeter. We’re going to start following him. ASAP.
3. He auditioned intensely for his role on Glee. The first day he was there for five hours, and the second day he sang two songs a capella at 9:30 in the evening. A week later, he had the part. For his first round of auditioning he sang “Easy Like Sunday Morning.” The next round he sang Gaven DeGraw’s “I Don’t Want to Be” and one of his own songs.
2. Like his father, Chord is also a songwriter. Although he doesn’t have a recording contract yet, we think this will probably change.
1. He didn’t actually watch Glee when it first aired. His sisters turned him onto it when he was home for the holidays, and he became addicted. (Duh.)
Well, it’s pretty safe to say we’re totally addicted to Chord now too!