Top 5 OMG Moments from The Vampire Diaries Season 2, Episode 9: “Katerina”
2. Way to turn those lemons into lemonade, Kat! Apparently when the original vampire Klaus comes to collect his curse-busting components, there’s only one place he won’t go — the tomb. “I’ll be the safest psychotic bitch in town,” says Katherine. Dang! Leave it up to Kitty Kat to turn a life sentence into a positive thing.
1. We were wonderingwhen she would finally snap It’s not easy being Elena Gilbert. Think about it: In recent weeks she watched Damon snap her brother’s neck and saw her Aunt Jenna stab herself. She’s also been staked, kidnapped, and nearly offed several times. Now she can add root-of-all-evil to her list of problems. We’ve gotta give it to her, though: When Elena was alone in a dark dungeon in the woods, she kept her cool as she interrogated Kat. But the moment she stepped foot on her front porch, our girl lost it. “It’s because of me. Everything is because of me,” she cried. Yeah, that’s a pretty harsh realization.
4. Bonnie meets one of her own Enter Luka, who doesn’t live on the second floor. But he does have skills of the salt-floating warlock kind! It looks like Luka could be a spellbinding love interest for Bon-Bon — that is, if his so-called father doesn’t get her killed first.
3. And the plot thickens... We always knew our girl Elena was smart! After a little time in the dungeon, she put two and two together and came up with the five ingredients that Katherine Pierce needs to provide Klaus in order for him to break the curse: The moonstone (thanks Mason), a werewolf (Hello, Tyler), a vampire (Caroline), a witch (Bonnie), and her human doppelganger (Elena, herself). So you were just going to hand us all over to be killed?” E asked Kat rhetorically. The vamp replied, “Better you die, than I.” Ouch!
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and Episode 2.9, “Katerina,” was chock full of them. Here are the Top 5 scenes that left us with our jaws agape this week.
5. Little Jer is all grown up This week, Jeremy saw another opportunity to get a closer to Bonnie and he went for it. “You want to hang out at The Grill and shoot some pool?” he asked. Elena’s BFF hesitated. “Um, why?” Before she went on to say, “It’s just that you’re Elena’s brother.” Still, ever since Damon broke Jer’s neck, Elena’s little bro has been getting bolder and bolder. We’d willing to bet that pretty soon he’s going to try and sneak a smooch or two.