“Them and Their Stupid Boy Penises” and More of the Best Meredith Grey Quotes
Meredith Grey is not the most obvious of wordsmiths. She tends to ramble, she makes odd metaphors, and she substitutes "whatever" more often than she should. But regardless, she still has some of the best lines on the show. Here are some of the choicest quotes, pulled from the entire series so far.
13. Stop looking at me like that — like you've seen me naked! Ah, a lifelong romance begins so sweetly. 12. I was swimming. I was fighting. And then I thought — just for a second — I thought, "What's the point?" And I let go. I stopped fighting. Mer may have only been suicidal by circumstance, but it doesn't get much darker or twistier than this.
11. Stop whining! This is your wedding day. You will go down that aisle and you will get married. If I have to kick your ass every step of the way to get you there, you will walk down the aisle, you will get married. Do you hear me, Cristina? We need this. We need you to get your happy ending. Extraordinary pep talk. But Meredith's ass-kicking threats were rendered moot when Burke was the one who walked away from the wedding.
10. She has my McDreamy. And my McDog. She's got my McLife. Meredith realizes that Addison has stolen everything. But this gets us wondering, when was the last McNickname uttered on the show?
9. You want justice, right? Your wife died, I know what happened. Derek told me the story. Lexie Grey is the one that pulled the plug on your wife, she's my sister. Dr. Webber, he was your wife's doctor. I'm the closest thing he has to a daughter. And the man on the table, I'm his wife. If you wanna hurt them, the way that you hurt, shoot me. I'm your eye for an eye. Meredith lays down her own life to save the lives of three of the people most important to her. Heroic much?
8. It's over. So over. Announcing the cancellation of Burke and Cristina's wedding, Meredith also seemed to be talking about her and Derek. Two birds, one stone — she certainly doesn't waste her breath.
7. You are looking at me. And you watch me. And Finn has plans. And I like Finn. He's perfect for me, and I'm really trying here to be happy, and I feel like I can't breathe. I can't breathe with you looking at me like that, so just stop! After Mer and Der couldn't stop ogling each other at the Seattle Grace prom, they found each other in a secluded room and had a war of words before letting their, ahem, bodies do the talking.
6. You don't get to call me a whore. When I met you, I thought I had found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I was done. So all the boys, and all the bars, and all the obvious daddy issues — who cared? Because I was done. You left me. You chose Addison. I'm all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke. You don't get to call me a whore. The quote that made us all hate Derek right along with Meredith, if only for that one episode.
5. Shut up. I'm your person. And bam, Meredith and Cristina's relationship is hereby defined.
4. I'm still mad at you. And I don't know if I trust you. I wanna trust you but I don't know if I do, so I'm just gonna try. I'm gonna try and trust you because I believe that we can be extraordinary together rather than ordinary apart. Unloading on Derek after he arrives late to her candle-floorplan reveal. Even when she's pissed, she still manages to sound romantic.
3. It's not us. It's them. Them and their stupid boy penises. Meredith gets her hate on with Cristina, and in so doing, lands upon one of the show's basic tenets. After all, stupid boy penises and stupid girl vaginas is pretty much what the drama of the show boils down to, right?
2. Seriously. The Catchprase. (And also, the magic word for many a Grey's-viewing drinking game.)
1. Okay, here it is, your choice. It's simple: her or me. And I'm sure she is really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big, pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me. The ultimate. The almighty. The one everybody remembers. The Meredith Grey quote to end all Meredith Grey quotes.