Top 5 OMG Moments from The Vampire Diaries Season 2, Episode 10: “The Sacrifice”
1. Elijah makes a killer impression Nobody makes an entrance like this O.V. (original vampire). After Jonas’s locator spell showed him where Elena was, Elijah vamped over just to see for himself. Before he even placed a foot in the room he offed one vampire just for blocking the doorway. Then he stepped over dude’s body. “I killed you. You were dead,” Damon said incredulously as he eyed the vamp he’d staked a week earlier. “For centuries now,” Elijah replied. Then he turned his attention to the two minions standing before him. Seconds after they told him they’d come to deliver Elena to Klaus, they too were dead. Elijah ripped their hearts out. Then, just when we thought he might grab Elena, Elijah looked at Damon and Elena and left. Looks like he also knows how to keep us guessing.
4. Jeremy spoke in class today Maybe he did it for his big sis. Maybe he did it for his crush Bonnie. Whatever the reason, Jeremy refused to wait for the Salvatores to go to the tomb to steal the moonstone. So he took some of the knock-you-out ashes from Katherine’s daguerreotype portrait and snuck off to meet the Salvatores’ maker. It was a martyr move: brave and stupid all at once. “I’m here for the moonstone,” he told the 500-year-old vampire. “Naïve little Gilbert,” she replied. “If you want it you’re going to have to come here and get it.” So he did. Using an Alaric custom slaying machine, Jer shot Kitty Kat with a stake, threw the ashes on her, and commenced to finding the moonstone. “I figure you’d say that,” he said as he stepped into the tomb. Cocky. For a sec his plan looked like it just might work. But then Kat woke up and we could have sworn we heard the ding of a dinner bell as she took a bite out of Elena’s baby bro.
3. Bonnies hit the floor When Bonnie needed to channel more witch energy to break the tomb spell she, shall we say... long-distance bonded with Luka. Okay, so maybe technically she was stealing his essence without his permission. But still. When Bon-Bon saw lil’ Jeremy in Kat’s clutches she leapt into action, whipping out the Grimoire and Luka’s dog tag necklace. “Bonnie, no!” Jeremy cried when he spotted her standing with her eyes closed, nose bleeding. She did her best chanting, even taking Luka — a.k.a. the guy who could have been her new beau — down. But it didn’t work. She passed out from the effort and when she came to, Jeremy was still the main dish on Katherine’s menu.
2. Is there such a thing as a pre-lovers’ spat? After Stefan sacrificed his own freedom to get Jeremy out of the tomb, Bonnie took him home. “I don’t need an escort to my room,” Jeremy said after they got to the house. “I don’t know. Between here and upstairs there’s still time for you to do something stupid,” she replied. Angry and genuinely concerned, she also seemed pissed that he’d risked his life earlier that day and was now standing there giving her puppy dog eyes. “Jeremy you can’t feel that way about me,” she said. His reply? “Don’t act like this is one-sided, like I’m some kid that has a crush on his sister’s friend.” Jeremy touched Bonnie’s cheek and leaned in for a kiss. But Bon-Bon moved away. “I can’t,” she said. “I can’t.” We couldn’t either. Cute as he is, he’s still Elena’s lil’ bro!
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and Episode 2.10, “The Sacrifice,” was chock full of them. Here are the five scenes that left us with our jaws agape this week.
5. Elena tries to off herself Pink sang it best when she said, “I’m a hazard to myself.” And Elena definitely was her own worst enemy in “The Sacrifice.” Rather than risk having Elijah and Klaus kill everyone that she loves, the doppelganger decided to turn herself in. Thankfully Rose ratted her out. And Damon vamped in, playing his boss card. “You do not get to make decisions anymore,” he told Elena. “Get your ass out the door before I throw you over my shoulder and carry you out of her myself.” E resisted, with good reason. But still sometimes you just have to let a sexy vamp protect you. For reals.