September was a big month for America's Next Top ModelCycle 15 winner Ann Ward. Yes, the show that catapulted her to fame and potential fortune premiered, but it was also the month she created Twitter and YouTube accounts. What could be better for a little light investigation into quirky, fun aspects of someone’s life? From these gold mines and the gems she gave in her Wetpaint interview, we compiled a list of our favorite bits of Ann Ward trivia. Here are things you didn’t think you needed to know until you knew them.
10. Ann’s really, really into video games. Her faves are Silent Hill, Shadow of the Colossus, and Zelda. She tweeted, “I don’t understand football games. I’m happy with my RPGs and shooters.” We’re with her on the first part, at least.
9. She’s also really, really into anime. She picked Wolf’s Rain and Cowboy Bebop as her top two series.
8. Given the previous two bits of info, it’s no surprise the ANTM winner was going to school for 2D animation before the show. Ann still plans to pursue it after she retires from modeling, which sounds like she will one day move to Florida and make an animated film.
7. She spells her home state of Texas as “Tehas.” This feels significant somehow.
6. How well do you really know someone until you know their taste in YouTube videos? Ann’s favorite is Zombie Kid Likes Turtles, which has over 25 million views. Probably because it’s 18 seconds long and impossible to watch once.
5. In this video, Ann tells a fans she loved the fallen angel photo shoot best, because she’s into reading about religion and mythology. Just like all the previous winners, we imagine.
4. Ann’s not a Taylor Swift kind of girl. Nine Inch Nails, Gorillaz, and Muse are among her musical preferences.
3. She was taller than her third grade teacher...
2. ...which is not surprising. Her mom is 6’2”, her dad is 6’6”, and her brother (still growing!) stands at 6’7”.
1. Wondering how Ann pulled this one out with such little modeling experience? We’ve finally got our answer: One of her favorite movies is Zoolander. “I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.”