9. There's the Luke we know and love (Episode 3, "Earthquake") Alex (Ariel Winter): Dad was incredible... and taking care of Luke after he ran into a wall. Luke: I got scared because the cabinet didn't fall down.
7. And that's still a cheerleading baton (Episode 7, "Chirp") Luke: Is that your cheerleading baton? Phil: Not when you're on the business end of it!
6. Luke tells it like it is (Episode 8, "Manny Get Your Gun") Luke: Dad's like crazy-fun, but you're nice. Claire (Julie Bowen): I'm nice? Luke: Well, not now.
5. Whaddamom (Episode 8, "Manny Get Your Gun") Luke (to Claire): You do fun stuff. You put that potato chip in my sandwich. That was a crunchy surprise.
4. Interesting argument... (Episode 5, "Unplugged") Luke (on the ban applying to his Zombie vs. Plants video game): But you learn about plants, and plants are life. Are you against life? 3. Phil "Cool Dad" Dunphy strikes again! (Episode 4, "Strangers on a Treadmill") Luke: I've heard the Jonas Brothers get nervous before every show. Phil: Not Kevin. Luke: Especially Kevin!
2. Young Dunphy is thoughtful... to a point (Episode 3, "Earthquake") Luke: I brought you some soda, but I couldn't find any straws, so you'll have to drink it like cats.
1. Just ride your bike, Luke — it's not far (Episode 7, "Chirp") Luke: I think I found a place where I can sell this organ. Can you drive me to the black market?