There is sooo much more to Mark than beingSecret Life’s sexiest balding dad. He’s a seasoned soap star! We’re talking major daytime cred here, with roles in My Life to Live, Guiding Light, and The Young & The Restless. RIGHT?! Show some respect. Here’s a round-up of 10 little-known facts about the original Marky Mark.
1. Mark was on Days of Our Lives. For a week. And he played a dead guy. But still –– OMG! Wonder if he made friends with Joey Tribbiani….
2. Mark’s one hell of a spokesman! His handsome face has appeared in commercials for Post, Grape Nuts, Nike, and Toyota. So that’s why we luv cereal so much!
3. He’s an award winner! In 1993, Mark was nominated for a Daytime Emmy for "Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series" in Guiding Light. He lost that one, but luckily he picked up a Soap Opera Digest Award for "Favorite Couple" later on.
4. He’s a dreamboat! Before he was a serial cheater dad in Secret Life, Mark was a super stud. In 1992, he won a Soap Opera Digest Award for "Hottest Male Star." Basically, he was the Ricky of daytime TV.
5. He has a double identity. Yes, the rumors are true: Mark is "The Fiesta Man." He shot a few commercials in Mexico for Fiesta Cigarettes, but the job only paid $1,440. He must have really loved his smokes!
6. He’s a baldy-locks. A producer once told Mark that he needed to start using Rogaine, to which he responded, "Worry about your own scalp, buddy!" Haters gonna hate.
7. He has a thing for country music. In 1995, Mark and his girlfriend/Guiding Light costar Beth Ehlers made an appearance in the music vid for Reba McEntire’s hit "And Still". (Where Mark plays some sort of lumberjack-slash-doctor in a passionate world of sepia tones.)
8. He’s a college drop-out. Mark attended SUNY Cobleskill. That is, until he and his buddies were kicked out. Why? Our guess is as good as yours! It must have been something pretty big, but Mark’s lips are zipped.
9. He’s a baller. Mark played basketball in high school, but gave it up to follow his rebel heart. Mark says he didn’t "see the value of scrimmages." Ummm, the value of scrimmages is lots of hot n’ sweaty boys playing shirts and skins.
10. He prefers boxers! After Mark left The Young & The Restless, his castmates gave him a sexy souvenir: boxer shorts with the faces of the Y&R cast printed all over them. Best. Gift. Ever.