Top 7 OMG Moments from The Vampire Diaries, Season 2, Episode 14: “Crying Wolf”
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and “Crying Wolf” was chock full of them. Here are the seven scenes that left us with our jaws agape this week.
7. Into each generation a slayer is born… When Stefan and Elena were getting hot and heavy in the closet in her parents’ bedroom Stefan noticed something odd about the wall that he was pressing his girl against. “This is hollow,” he said, knocking on wood. He pulled away one panel then another and another to reveal a door. On the other side was [cue the theme music to Buffy the Vampire Slayer] an arsenal of vampire-slaying gear. We’re talking wall-mounted cross bows, daggers, scathes, and the like. Apparently the Gilberts have been battling bloodsuckers for ages. And taking notes. (Yes, there were even more Jonathan Gilbert journals inside.) “Oh my God,” Elena uttered. OMG indeed.
6. Look who’s going rogue “Please stop,” Luka begged Bonnie. “Please.” The warlock’s eyes rolled back in his head as the witch he dared to cross gripped his skull and closed her eyes to concentrate. Bon-bon wanted answers, and, apparently, she was willing to commit a felony or two to get them. And it creeped us out to see how unapologetic she was about mentally torturing Luka. While Jeremy and Caroline watched, Bonnie forced Luka to spill the deets on Elijah’s plans for Elena (she has to die) and Klaus (death for him too). Talk about putting closure on a ‘ship. Drugging, kidnap, and torture…There’s no coming back from that.
5. Elena kicks butt We always knew our girl was a badass with martyr tendencies. But when Brady showed up at the Gilbert family lake house, Elena proved once again that she can handle her own. When the werewolf reached for her, Elena Of The Quick Reflexes stabbed him in the gut and ran inside for more ammo. “I can smell you,” Brady taunted. So Elena took of her sweater and left it in one room as she dashed into another. After Brady fell for her classic misdirection, Elena stabbed him in the back and dashed outside. She was not going down without a fight!
4. What a pain in the neck Damon tortured and killed Mason. So it’s only right that he went out the same way. At least that’s what Jules thought. The moment she got a chance to exact revenge on the vampire who killed her friend, the She Wolf and her tiny wolf buddy Stevie got creative with their interrogation. They put a spiked collar around Damon’s neck. And, whenever her irked them, they tightened the collar’s chain. “If you only knew the irony of this moment right now,” Damon said as blood gushed down his neck. “Let me tell you how this is going to go. You’re going to torture me. I don’t talk. Somebody loses a heart. Last time it was your boy Mason.” That was a lot of cocky talk for a vamp chained to a chair. But Jules had snark too. “This time,” she replied, “it will be you.”
3. Elijah does his thing — again Damon and Elijah have got to stop meeting like this. And by “this” we mean a bloody situation where some werewolf is about to turn the sexy Salvatore to ash. Just when it looked like the Jules and her muscle wolves would end Damon’s life, Elijah stepped in and did the move he does so well. You know the one: punch hole in chest; remove heart; repeat. It’s his trademark.
2. Kiss-kiss, Bonnie-Bonnie It was the moment many have been waiting for: Bonnie and Jeremy were alone again. The feelings they have for each other came rushing to the surface. Bonnie tried to fight it. “You’re Elena’s little brother. I’ve known you forever. You’re that punk kid,” she said. But she was unable to stop the truth. “Overnight you’ve turned into this hot guy who’s really sweet.” Jer was quick to reply, “You think I’m hot?” Before Bon-Bon could stop blushing, the little brother became the big lover as he planted a kiss on the witch and, literally, took her breath away. “Wow,” she said when he backed away. She stood there with her mouth agape. And with that, it’s official: JerBo is born.
1. Adieu mon enemy Being a werewolf in Mystic Falls isn’t easy. And after one week, a dozen deaths, and a tortured friend, Tyler Lockwood called it quits. But you know this alpha male: He had to do it in the most melodramatic way possible. He wrote a note for his mother and snuck out of the house just as she called his name. Then he headed over to the Mystic Grill where he told Tyler to take care of Caroline. Next he hovered outside of Blondie’s house, too afraid to knock on her door. Then, sadly, he climbed into a truck with Jules. “I can’t stay here,” he said. “Not like this.”