You know him for his sharp tongue, brutal honesty, tight t-shirts, and controversial criticisms, but did you know that Simon Cowell once worked in the mailroom at a major recording company? Find out more interesting facts about the mastermind behind The X Factor right here!
1. He was a stubborn lad. Simon dropped out of school at the age of 16.
2. He's always been critical. When he was 4, he told his mother that her fuzzy, white pillbox hat made her look like a poodle.
3. He has two nieces and a nephew. All three appeared in the audience at some time during the first season of Pop Idol.
4. Paula isn't his BFF. Simon's best friend is London neighbor Jacqueline St. Claire.
5. He can be an ass. Duh. During an American Idol audition, when one contestant told the judges she quit her job as a hairdresser to pursue a career singing, Simon asked for a phone, called the owner of the salon, and got the contestant her job back.
6. He got an early start on TV. Back in 1990, Simon appeared on the UK series Sale of the Century and won a set of kitchen utensils.
7. He has an Achilles' heel. Simon is allergic to lamb's wool.
8. He's into kids' shows. Simon's early productions under S Records include Teletubbies and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
9. He's made the reality TV rounds. Simon has appeared on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, Cribs, and Punk'd.
10. He doesn't need a little blue pill, thankyouverymuch. Simon turned down an offer of £1 million to be the face of Viagra in 2007.