Exclusive! 10 Quick Questions with Skins Star Rachel Thevenard
We’re way excited for Michelle’s big episode tonight on MTV’s Skins, and before heading off to celebrate (and livechat!) at Skins HQ in New York, Rachel Thevenard, the lady of the hour, was kind enough to take a few minutes to answer a few of your burning (and, yeah, a little random) questions. From hip-hop to Harry Potter, here’s everything you need to know about the lovely and talented Miss Thevenard.
1. What was the last song you listened to? The last song I listened to was “Empire State of Mind” by Jay-Z, because I always listen to that whenever I come into New York.
2. On that note... we’ve noticed you’re quite the hip hop fan. In your expert opinion, who would win in a rap battle and an actual fight: Yeezy or Weezy? Oh my God... I’m gonna alienate so many people with this answer! (Laughs) I think both Kanye West and Lil’ Wayne are amazing. But I think... in a physical fight, I would have to put my money on Lil’ Wayne. And in a rap battle... (Pause) I think I would probably still have my money on Lil’ Wayne!
3. Your big episode is on tonight, and we can’t wait to see it. Are there any fun facts or weird behind-the-scenes secrets that we might not have guessed just watching it? For this episode? I’m not sure... Oh, here’s one! During the fight with Tony, I actually hit James in the balls on accident during one of the takes... It was so awful. I felt really horrible.
4. What’s one way in which you and Michelle and the same? And in what way are you totally different? Michelle and I are extremely different. We’re pretty much total opposites. One way in which I think we’re similar is we’re both very all or nothing. She’s a little more unlike me in the sense that she’ll kind of take it to extremes, I’m not really much of a screamer. I think a major difference is our style. Michelle dresses to the nines, always trying to impress Tony and looking good, and I’m always in sweatpants. (Laughs) So that’s a big difference.
5. It’s 3 AM and you’re not asleep. What are you most likely doing? Reading. It’s so sad. I’m so boring.
6. What’s one TV show you’ve probably seen every episode of? I’ve definitely seen every episode of Freaks and Geeks. And I’ve seen almost every episode of Friends.
7. What was the most fun scene to shoot? What was the most difficult? The most fun scenes for me were up north in the forest during Abbud’s episode, because the leaves were so beautiful, and it was great to be outdoors. And the hardest scenes to film were the crying scenes. Michelle cries a lot, especially after she finds out what Tony did to her. And it gets to be really difficult, doing that over and over again.
8. If you could keep one item from Michelle’s wardrobe, what would it be? I’d definitely want to keep that blue leather jacket that she wears in this episode... and I was so mad when I heard they were giving it away! That was probably my favorite.
9. Okay, classic question: If you could have five people over for dinner, dead or alive, who would they be? Oh my God, that’s so hard... Well, one would have to be J.K. Rowling — I’m a huge Harry Potter fan so I would love to sit down and talk to her. Then Kanye West and Lil’ Wayne, so they can have their rap battle. And I’d probably bring Eminem too, just to round it out a little bit. Then, the last one... (long pause) I wanna say Obama, cause he seems so cool. I’d love to talk to Obama. (Laughs) Best dinner party ever!
10. And finally... we’re following you on Twitter, but who is your favorite person you’re following? 50 Cent! (Laughs) 50 Cent’s Twitter is GOLD. Everyone has to follow 50 Cent!
You heard the girl... go add @50cent to your Twitterfeed ASAP... and don’t forget to watch tonight’s all-new episode of Skins at 10/9c on MTV!