Top 10 Things to Know About American Idol Finalist Scotty McCreery
He's the baby-faced finalist with the killer baritone. Scotty "Baby Lock Them Doors" McCreery stole our hearts during the Milwaukee Auditions and continues to bust out country hits week-after-week. Curious about this Idol front runner? We've searched the interwebz and brought back the juiciest facts on Scotty. Here are 10 things you need to know about the country crooner.
1. Scotty McCreery hails from Garner, North Carolina. Other past North Carolina contestants include Clay Aiken (Season 2), Fantasia Barrino (Season 3), Chris Daughtry (Season 5), Kellie Pickler (Season 5), Bucky Covington (Season 5), and Anoop Desai (Season 8).
2. He's a dog lover! Scotty has two Bischon Frises named Becky and Junior, and he's always wanted an English Bulldog.
3. Scotty sings like man, but has a teenager's taste in food. He loves Lucky Charms and Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries. His favorites candies include Starburst and Tootsie Rolls.
4. Scotty counts Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Conway Twitty, and Elvis among his many musical influences.
5. Who does Scotty dream of performing with? The teen says he'd love to sing with Josh Turner, Randy Travis, and George Strait because "all of these men 'are' country music and they've shaped it into what it is today."
6. But Scotty would also love to sing with a few American Idol alumni. The teen says he'd duet with Josh Gracin or Kellie Pickler (Season 5). But what about Carrie Underwood (Season 4)? Scotty nixed the possible collaboration, stating that Carrie had "a more poppy kind of country to her" and that he was more of the "traditional type."
7. Scotty's musical tastes don't run pure country. Surprisingly, he owns the album Jackson 5 Greatest Hits and swears he listens to it "all the time."
8. Scotty McCreery is a quarter Puerto Rican! His grandmother is from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
9. Between rehearsals, performances, and recording, Scotty lives a pretty hectic life on American Idol. The contestant says his favorite way to unwind after a performance is to "sit on the couch and watch SportsCenter."
10. So what is the story behind Scotty's deep voice? The contestant explains on Twitter, "my mom says i had a normal voice until i was about 12-13 and then she said, and I quote 'it just fell off a cliff' hahaha."