Jason Merritt/Getty Images
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Teen Wolf’s Tyler Hoechlin
Tyler Hoechlin plays the Derek Hale, a dangerous, mysterious werewolf — with a perma-five o'clock shadow — on MTV's Teen Wolf. Read on for 10 things you didn't know about the supernaturally sexy star.
1. R-Patz one-upped him. Tyler was one of the final two under consideration for the role of Edward Cullen in Twilight, but he lost out to Robert Pattinson.
2. But don't feel too sorry for him: He's had his share of victories. Tyler beat out over 2,000 young actors for the role of Michael Sullivan Jr. in the 2002 Tom Hanks film Road to Perdition.
3. He guzzles gas. Tyler owns a red Hummer H2.
4. He's a winner! In 2003, Tyler won a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Feature Film: Leading Young Actor for Road to Perdition.
5. He was thisclose to the Angels. Tyler auditioned for the role of Max in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, but he lost to Shia LaBeouf.
6. Teen love him. In 2004, Tyler was nominated for a Teen Choice Award for Breakout Male Star.
7. He has three siblings. Tyler has two brothers, Tanner and Travis, and one sister, Carrie.
8. He started acting when he was 12. Tyler's first acting was in the 1999 USA movie Family Tree.
9. He's had some career lows... In 2007, Tyler starred in the B-movie Grizzly Rage.
10. He loves baseball. In 2008, Tyler played baseball for the UC Irvine Anteaters. He also played for Arizona State.