We admit, we've totally got such a girlcrush on the gorgeous, talented, and altogether lovely Rachel Thevenard. On Skins, Rachel plays Michelle, a fiery queen bee who has trouble holding on to her scumbag boyfriend. In real life, Rachel is a soft-spoken Canuck who bakes cakes, hearts hip hop, and takes her fashion cues from homeless men. We've gathered ten absolutely essential facts on Miss Thevenard.
9. Skins was Rachel's first big break. Before MTV came a-knockin' Rachel was just another would-be actress. She got her start starring in some hometown Shakespearean plays and had a short stint as a cheerleader in Drayton's Entertainment's Production of High School Musical. Although signed to an agency, the lady didn't have much luck at auditions. Happily, the Skins open casting call came around and she nailed the role of Michelle Richardson. 8. She hearts Stanley Throughout the season Michelle finds herself torn between boyfriend Tony and childhood bestie Stanley. But back in December, Rachel told us that if she were Michelle she would choose Stanley because he's "so much nicer [than Tony]." Although Rach admits that, "Every girl kinda searches for the bad boy." Too true.
7. She's got great gams Rachel loves to run and dreams of someday completing a marathon. Whatdya say: Is it time for Michelle to join the track team in Season 2?
6. She loves getting baked Aside from running, one of Rachel's favorite hobbies is is baking with her friends. According to MTV, cakes are her specialty.
5. These are a few of her favorite things. Michelle tells Oology that she favorite color is purple and that her favorite song is "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.
4. She's a huge hip hop fan. Speaking of Eminem, Rachel looooves rap music. The actress regularly tweets the wisdom of 50 Cent and challenges her followers to rap battles over Twitter.
3. She dresses like a hobo As the ultimate high school hottie, Michelle rocks cleave and leather jackets on a regular basis. But in real life, Rachel is so low maintennece. The actress says she "lives" in sweatpants and admits that she "look[s] like a homeless man the majority of the time."
2. She's married to castmate Camille Cresencia-Mills Sort of. Camille and Michelle became bffs on the Skins set. The two are so enamoured with one another that they regularly refer to each other as "wifey." Cute... and maybe a little creepy.
1. She is not Michelle Rachel insists that she and her Skins character are nothing alike. While Michelle loves hitting up her local warehouse raves, Rach can be found pursuing much more G-rated hobbies. She 'fessed to Oology, "My life is quite subdued. I go to the library a lot."