The Pretty Little Liars have made some smart decisions, but more often than not, their lying gets the best of them. We can’t say we’re surprised because the show is grounded in lies, but unfortunately some of their fibs will haunt them forever…
10. Spencer’s stolen essay Spencer (Troian Bellisario) never got in trouble for taking Melissa's (Torrey DeVitto) essay (at least not yet), but plagiarizing is a huge offense. Spencer’s stuck with the guilt and runs the risk of getting expelled if her teacher ever finds out.
9. Hanna lied to Aria about jeopardizing her relationship Rule #1: Never lie to your best friends’ face. Hanna (Ashley Benson) must have missed that memo since she backstabbed Aria (Lucy Hale) by giving Ella (Holly Marie Combs) a ticket to the museum. When Aria panicked that her mom saw her with Ezra (Ian Harding), Hanna brushed it off. Hanna eventually came clean, but she shouldn’t have lied to Aria, let alone betray her in the first place.
8. Mona threw out Caleb’s letter Mona (Janel Parrish)'s always been manipulative, but ripping up Caleb's (Tyler Blackburn) letter and then lying about it was even bad for her. Hopefully Hanna will find out about Mona's sneakiness and stop hanging out with her.
7. Spencer kissed Ian Spencer kissed Melissa’s (former) fiancé (we’re not sure if he’s dead yet) and then lied about it for years. Talk about betrayal. Melissa and Spencer don’t get along, but maybe if Spencer had come clean long ago, Melissa would have more reason to trust her.
6. Ms. Marin and the stolen money Ms. Marin (Laura Leighton) got in a huge mess when she stole thousands of dollars from a safe deposit box and then tried to cover it. She lied to Mrs. Potter’s so-called relative, but we doubt she’ll get off that easy.
5. Byron’s affair Bryon (Chad Lowe) caused lots of drama when he cheated on his wife and then lied about it for a year! He made Aria keep quiet and even took his family to Iceland to escape the situation, but obviously his lie caught up with him.
4. Emily’s sexuality When Emily (Shay Mitchell) refused to admit she liked girls, she was not only lying to herself, but also to her friends and family. She was miserable when she kept her sexuality a secret, but when she told the truth, her life turned around.
3. Caleb lied to Hanna Hanna lost all trust in Caleb when she learned that Jenna (Tammin Sursok) was paying him to find the key in Hanna's house, which meant paying him to hang out with Hanna. They got really close, but considering Caleb lied to Hanna, he'll have to work really hard to win her back.
2. Aria’s relationship with Ezra Obviously Aria and Ezra have to keep their romance a secret, but lying to practically everyone seems stressful. Aria's lied about it to her parents, so when they eventually find out, it will be a lot worse.
1. The Jenna Thing And of course the biggest lie is that the girls blinded Jenna and let Toby (Keegn Allen) take the blame. It’s remained a secret all these years, but the little liars are definitely paying the price and it will probably come out eventually.