Lying, cheating, and stealing are at the root of the Pretty Little Liars. Although these bad habits occur so frequently on the show, they're actually the lowest moments for most of the characters. From backstabbing a sibling to betraying a BFF, here are the not so pretty events we wish the characters could take back.
10. Noel’s blackmail incident Aria (Lucy Hale) begged Noel (Brant Daugherty) to keep her and Ezra (Ian Harding)’s relationship a secret. He promised he would, but meanwhile was torturing Ezra about it. Noel didn’t actually report their romance, but he was about to before he got in trouble himself.
9. Byron cheating on Ella Having an affair with a student is bad enough, but lying about it for a whole year is way worse. Byron (Chad Lowe) brought his family to Iceland to avoid his problems, but Ella (Holly Marie Combs) eventually found out he betrayed her and doesn't know how to trust him again.
8. Jenna calling the cops on Toby Some step-sibling Jenna (Tammin Sursok) is. Toby (Keegan Allen) suffered enough mostly because of Jenna, but then she made things worse by calling the cops on him. Toby was miserable and put on house arrest, but could have escaped if it weren't for Jenna.
7. Mrs. Fields’ disappointment in Emily Family comes first, right? Not for Mrs. Fields (Nia Peeples). She was disgusted with Emily and basically ignored Em when she came out of the closet. It took Mrs. Fields a long time to accept her daughter, but she eventually came around.
6. Spencer’s boyfriend stealing Spencer (Troian Bellisario) kissed two of her sister’s boyfriends, which is one of the worst things a sister can do. She's responsible for Wren and Melissa's (Torrey DeVitto) breakup, but who’s really to blame here: Wren or Spence?
5. Hanna leading Lucas on at the dance and then ditching him Hanna (Ashley Benson) tore with Lucas' (Brendan Robinson) emotions by dancing with him non-stop and then suddenly leaving him. She was only in it for the money, but poor Lucas actually thought he had a chance.
3. Mona ripping up Caleb’s letter Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) professed his love for Hanna in a note, but Mona (Janel Parrish) tore it up and threw it away. Things would be a lot different between Hanna and Caleb if she knew how he really felt about her.
2. Caleb spying on Hanna Hanna thought she and Caleb had a real connection, but then discovered that he was only in it for the money — at least at first. They ended up becoming very close, but when Hanna learned that Jenna was behind it, she realized she couldn't trust Caleb.
1. Hanna giving Ella a ticket to the museum The worst thing someone can do is purposely betray their best friend. Hanna did this to Aria by giving Ella a ticket to the same art exhibit that Aria and Ezra were going to. Hanna was focused on the money rather than her friendship, and we saw a bad side of her we hope will never return.