10. Er, you mean elephant? Brennan (Emily Deschanel): I’m avoiding what I would really like to talk about. Booth (David Boreanaz): Why would you do that? Brennan: It’s a difficult subject. It’s become one of those… pachyderms in the room.
9. We’re aware of it too Wendell: Dr. Saroyan gave me the job. Brennan: Oh, what persuaded her? Wendell: I did. I was honest with her about my need and my ability. Brennan: Well, why wouldn’t you have done that before? Wendell: Because she’s my boss, and I was nervous. Brennan: So you’re a coward by nature? Wendell: What? No. Brennan: But you just said... Wendell: Forget it. You know, Dr. Brennan, you may not realize it, but you can be extremely abrasive. Brennan: Oh no, I’m well aware of that.
8. It’s obviously her phone manners Sweets (John Francis Daley): Something was obviously on her mind, but she wouldn’t talk about it. Hodgins (TJ Thyne): She wouldn’t pick up when I called her, and you know she’s been polite. Sweets: Polite? Hodgins: Yeah, it’s awful. Sweets: Yeah, she’s withholding something.
7. Wait, are we watching Bones or a Prius commercial? Booth to Brennan: What are you doing? Sweets: Whoa, ghost driver. Booth: How’d you do that? Brennan: It’s called intelligent parking. The car guides itself into the parking spot. Booth: Wow, look at that. Does it solve murders? Brennan: Of course not. Booth: Good, I like my job.
6. That’s one heck of an alibi Sweets: What did you do after the game? Clown: I had sex with a hooker. Sweets: Okay. Well, I’m going to need the prostitute’s contact information to confirm your alibi for the time of the murder. Clown: Yeah, sure kid. You confirm my alibi [wink, wink].
5. You really have to ask? Angela (Michaela Conlin): So I have something else to tell you now that we’re just getting it all out in the open. Hodgins: Shoot. Angela: When you leave your socks on during sex, I feel like I’m making love to a guy in a nursing home. Hodgins: Is that a good or a bad thing?
4. Could anyone stop her? Cam (Tamara Taylor): There’s also a new policy in the lab. Brennan: Well what’s that? Cam: You are the only person that’s allowed to be radically honest, and that’s only because I can’t stop you.
3. Not exactly appropriate talk over breakfast Sweets to Angela: You’re creating new life as we speak, right now. I’m eating a muffin; you’re forming a pancreas.
2. Calling Sweets Booth to Hodgins: Hey, Pig-Pen, what are you doing here? Hodgins: My own wife just rejected my call. Booth: Oh, couch time.
1. Better not let her hear you Hodgins: It was a pre-complete ring off from my wife, dude. Are you really gonna tell me that’s nothing? Wendell: No. So what did you do? Hodgins: Nothing. I make her breakfast; I tie her shoes, for God’s sake. Wendell: Well there’s got to be something. Are you going to talk to her? Hodgins: No, of course not. She’s pregnant. The hormones are running the institution.