Top 10 Funniest Quotes From Bones Season 6, Episode 22: “The Hole in the Heart”
They say laughter is the best medicine, but who could chuckle at a time like this? Vincent Nigel-Murray is gone. Last night’s “The Hole in the Heart” was extremely sad, and not just because we don’t know what happened in Booth’s bed (damn you, Brennan and your insinuating googly eyes!). Thankfully, there were overstuffed turkey analogies and dinosaur costumes, allowing us to extract some joy (in the form of the following funny quotes) from an otherwise somber episode. It’s okay if you don’t agree with us — denial is the first stage of grief.
10. Talk about doing your research Special Agent Genny Shaw (Tina Majorino): This is his checking account. Leishenger made a big withdraw about 48 hours ago. Couple grand. Booth (David Boreanaz): Cash? Genny: Yeah. Largest withdrawal he’s made in two years. Booth: Okay. And you sure the address is current? Genny: According to the DMV, IRS, and three marginally legal Internet sites. Booth: Good enough.
9. Squinterns gone wild Vincent Nigel-Murray (Ryan Cartwright), jumping around in the T-Rex costume: Oh, Agent Booth, look. Booth, laughing: Oh God, don’t explain, please. Cam (Tamara Taylor), glancing over at Nigel: We really need to get back to solving murders.
8. Timing is everything Angela (Michaela Conlin): You’ve been starring at Leishenger’s skull for a really long time. You trying to get that thing to talk to you? Brennan (Emily Deschanel): Are you being metaphoric? Angela: No, I was just trying to lighten the mood. Didn’t work.
7. Better than getting your call rejected by your wife Booth: Okay, got it, thanks Hodgins. Hodgins (TJ Thyne): Hey woah, woah, woah. Don’t you want any details? Hey look, I found sodium citrate, glycerin, e-polylysine. You hung up, didn’t you? Booth? Yep.
6. Please don’t say “jam” unless you’re making a sandwich Brennan: Vincent’s favorite song was “The Lime in Da Coconut.” Sweets (John Francis Daley): Seriously? Because that’s, like, my jam.
5. Fine, now that you ask Booth: How are you feeling? Angela: Oh boy, like an overstuffed turkey shoved into the overhead bin of an overcrowded flight. How about you?
4. Is that like arthritis? Vincent: Were you aware that Tyrannosaurus rex had fused hercular? Booth: Right, I think my aunt had that.
3. Open mouth, insert foot Genny, pulling out her gun: No offense. Maybe you should stay behind me. Sweets: Oh, of course. I don’t measure my manhood the same way you do. [Pause] That came out wrong.
2. It was unclear otherwise Vincent: Dr. Saroyan you are about to witness the first confrontation between man and dinosaur. Hodgins: I’m the man. Cam: Thanks for the hint.
1. “Hip Hip Hooray” also works Brennan: I got into bed with Booth last night. [Angela stares back blankly.] Why aren’t you saying anything? Angela: Because I don’t want to yell hallelujah so close to losing Vincent.