Gossip Girl Quotes! The 10 Best From the Season 4 Finale, “The Wrong Goodbye”
Applause to the Gossip Girl writers: Snappy lines are the main reason we tune in each week. And now that the season has come to a close, we revel in recounting the Bassiest quips of this week’s twist-filled finale.
Giovanni Rufino/The CW 2011 The CW Network
10. Maybe it’s what Nate wants to hear. OK, Dan, too. Dan: We were kissing, then things started to, y’know. So then she says, “Call me Serena.” Nate: Whoa. Dan: Yeah. Nate: Are you sure? I mean, maybe that’s just what you wanted to hear.
9. So sad when your fans desert you. Mini Serena: I used to want to be like you, but now I want to be Blair. I think she’s going to be a princess. Serena: I’m perfectly happy with my life, but thank you for your concern. [Georgina appears] Oh, I spoke too soon.
8. Forget AA. Try heartbreak instead Nate: You must really be hurting. Chuck: How can you tell? Nate: You’re not drinking.
7. Eric has scheme-induced PTSD Serena and Vanessa (to Dan): We need to talk to you. Chuck (to Dan): I need to talk to you. Nate (to Chuck): I need to talk to you. Eric (to everyone): Wait, just tell me that no one’s trying to stop a wedding, run a Ponzi scheme, give anybody fake cancer, or turn into a justifiably vengeful townie.
6. Attack of the Former Minions Iz: Look who got cute. Eric: Still gay. Katy: That means you can dance.
5. Um, what kind of couple, Dan? Dan (to Eric): Would you want to come with me? We could be each other’s wingmen like Nate and Chuck. Maybe break up a couple or two.
4. The Constance kids could use a good Tiger Mom-ing Lily: How’s the party? Eric: Oh, I promise, Mom, you’re not missing anything. Unless you think Amy Chua trying to convince Headmistress Queller to grade her kids more harshly is exciting.
3. Georgina should come with a warning label Random lady: So how did you two meet? Georgina’s husband: Well, that’s a real romantic story— Georgina: Phil wanted a hot wife to impress his partners, and I wanted a loft and a legacy at Yale for Milo. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go get drunk enough to make you all seem interesting.
2. Jesus, on the other hand, was probably terrified Georgina: I can tell you’re up to something. Please let me in on it. I haven’t been this bored since I believed in Jesus.
1. You should definitely count that. Georgina: I haven’t conspired since I convinced Dan he was Milo’s dad. Unless you count speeding up the process at a hospice to get someone’s apartment.