“I Probably Owe Him a Goat”: Quotes From Grey’s Anatomy Season 7, Episode 22
This season finale, like many finales of seasons past, was penned by the brainchild herself, Shonda Rhimes. So some powerful and potent words are to be expected. This time around, Shonda did not disappoint. Read on...
10. Jackson [to Lexie]: "I probably owe him a goat." ...he said, after Mark gave him unfettered Lexie access. Ah, dowry humor. We never tire of it.
9. Mark [to Lexie]: "Fishing 200 people out of the water is slow business; you want to play Angry Birds?" Tact has never been Mark's strong suit. (But that game is addictive.)
8. Teddy: "You're impossible." Henry: "Yeah, you too." Forget "Take care now." This is new Grey's way of saying "I love you."
7. Cristina [to Alex]: "She's the only one who ever gave a rat's ass about you, and now you might have destroyed her career." We get the gist, but isn't Cristina forgetting about Izzie, Lexie, Ava, and Lucy?
6. Henry [to Teddy]: "I'm not your best bud; I'm not your security blanket. I'm a man who's in love with you, who waltzed you in the arms of a damn knight on a horse." Was a waltz involved? Really? Did we miss it?
5. Cristina [to Owen]: "I am not this, um, beautiful vessel for all that might be good about the future. I'm not hearing your hopes and dreams. No." "You are this beautiful vessel for all that might be good about the future" is the Seattle Grace docs' new way of saying "You're pregnant."
4. Richard [to Meredith]: "But it looks to me like you've just lost your job." It only looks that way because really, the Chief kinda wimped out and kept Meredith employed.
3. Teddy [to Henry]: "You're my husband, and I think I'm falling in love with you." Boy, we hope this phrase isn't uttered too often in real life. But better late than never.
2. Derek [to Meredith]: "Well, I don't know how to raise a child with someone who doesn't understand that there's a right and wrong in the world." Rent that man The Wizard of Oz, because he's only seeing the world in black and white.
1. Owen: "Get out." Cristina: "Are you- because I denied you a baby?" Owen: "Because you denied me part of the decision; because you denied me a marriage." Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. It's a freakin' rift between a former power couple.