6 Things You Need to Know About The Lying Game’s Allie Gonino
The adorable Allie Gonino plays Laurel Mercer, Sutton Mercer’s (Alexandra Chando) younger sister, on ABC Family’s The Lying Game. Read on for 10 things you need to know about the quirky musician-turned-actress. 1. She kicked off her acting career in 2007. For her first on-screen role, Allie played Monique in an episode of the Disney series Cory in the House.
2. A chance encounter with the Dixie Chicks inspired Allie to become a musician. She started taking classical violin at age 7, and two years later she began performing — yodeling, singing, and playing fiddle and mandolin — at country music oprys in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
3. She’s a Stunner. Back in 2007 former teen pop idol Vitamin C (Colleen Fitzpatrick) encouraged Allie to audition for The Stunners — a new girl group she was producing. Allie landed the gig, eventually going on to open for Justin Beiber’s “My World Tour” in 2010. On the tour, the girls and the Biebs got in a prank war, which culminated in Justin pouring a gallon of milk all over their dressing room.
4. If you couldn’t tell, she’s music obsessed. Allie’s favorite artists are Coldplay, The Beatles, The Dixie Chicks, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, The Eagles, Kanye West, Arcade Fire, Danger Mouse, Green Day, Tom Petty, AIR, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Metric, and Moby.
5. Her parents are into holistic medicine. Allie’s ‘rents, Dr. John and Linda Gonino, own and operate the holistic healing center — Gonino Center for Healing — in Health, Pennsylvania.
6. She’s all about the Interwebs. You can find Allie on Twitter at @go_nino, and you can watch her YouTube videos on the channel freeislove90. Here’s a sample of her creatively kooky work: