Happy Birthday, Jacob Lusk! Here Are the Top 5 Reasons Why We Love You
Jacob Lusk added some high-note-hittin’, hip-thrustin’, gospel-singin’ flair to Season 10 of American Idol. He never failed to bring personality and fun to the stage, and he provided some of the most cramazing vocal performances of a very talented season. Remember his rendition of “God Bless the Child,” which Randy Jackson called the best performance on Idol EVER?
What better time celebrate Jacob than on his 24th birthday? Here are our Top 5 fave things about Jacob:
1. His awesome suits: Wow, can that guy rock a plaid suit! Jacob’s Season 10 fashion sense provided a strong counterpoint to Steven Tyler’s blouse-y get-ups, and Jennifer Lopez’s couture fabulousness. He has a style all his own, and we love that!
2. His killer voice: Is there any doubt that Jacob is one of the strongest vocal talents of any Idol season? Say what you want about his vocal style, which definitely runs on the dramatic side of things, but this kid can sing!
3. His sassy attitude: Jacob never had any problem telling people what he thought, even if it earned him a diva rep. But we admire a man that speaks his mind!
4. His dance moves: Jacob performed several up-beat numbers during Season 10, and on those occasions, he never failed to throw a little hip in his game. Here’s a performer who isn’t afraid to shake what his momma gave him!
5. His convictions: Jacob was vocal throughout his time on Idol about his religious background, and his love of gospel music. We think he’s pretty awesome when he’s belting out Luther Vandross classics, but he’s even better when he’s singing those sweet gospel tunes. Way to stick to your guns, Jacob!