Ashley Benson Reveals Her Biggest Secrets to Seventeen Mag!
Ashley Benson and her Pretty Little Liar’s character, Hanna Marin, have one thing in common: They both have no shortage of juicy secrets! The only difference is that Hanna’s secrets tend to be about murders, stalkers and car mobs, and Ashley’s are about her love life and Harry Potter.
So what is Ash hiding? You’re about to find out!
1. She’s a Harry Potter fangirl: “I went to see the new movie on opening night and dressed up. I just wore a cape and glasses and tights and boots. I was like, why not? We were working really late and some of my friends from Glee went and we all dressed up and everybody else was dressed up, so I didn’t like feel out of place. It was fun!”
2. Most of her friends are dudes: “I have one good girlfriend and then most of my friends are guys. Which I love, because they’re just like so easygoing and I love to play like Xbox and just chill out when I’m not working, so boys are probably the way to go for me. They’re so much more easygoing, and I hate drama. Hate it. So, being on the show, I get all of it but in my personal life, I’m drama-free.”
3. She’s a heartbreaker: “I’ve never had my heart broken. And I don’t want to have my heart broken. I’m afraid of it. Even when I break someone else’s heart, I’m really upset about it. And I’m not even feeling half of what they are…”
4. She likes her men funny: “I love guys who know how to dress. I love the motorcycle boots, and I love the skinnier jeans with jackets and scarves. Anybody who gets his clothes at All Saints, that’s my guy. He has to make me laugh, and we have to have a good time just sitting on a couch watching TV, because going on dates is fun, but you really don’t get to know the person. But, yeah, anyone who can make me laugh—that’s really the only key quality that I look for.”
5. She likes to mix it up: “When I was younger, I went through a lot of different phases. One day I’d be punk rock, and the next I would be tomboyish, and then I would be really girly. I was so weird. My two best friends and I were just crazy and goofy! I like edgy but classic looks. Like, Chanel mixed with Alexander McQueen. My personal style is edgier. My closet is just black, gray, and white. I’m more comfortable in darker colors and leather jackets.”
For more of Ashley’s deep, dark secrets, pick up her cover issue of Seventeen Magazine!
Don't forget to catch fashionista Ash ina new episode of PLL on Tuesday, August 9 at 8 ET/PT on ABC Family!