1. He's a major horse guy Carson has been competing in equestrian events from an early age and owns American Saddlebred show horses. You can watch him in this video, hanging out with Enchanting Memories, with whom he won the amateur gentlemen's five-gaited championship at the 2009 Kentucky State Fair World's Championships Horse Show.
2. He beat Nancy Grace on Celebrity Jeopardy Carson joked on Good Morning America that he would kick Nancy Grace's butt on DWTS — just like he did on Celebrity Jeopardy in 2007 Carson and Nancy were on Jeopardy with Regis Philbin and you have to watch these clips to appreciate Nancy's, um, unique way of handling herself. Unfortunately Carson lost to Regis by one lousy dollar. Bet higher next time, man!
3. He's an ordained minister In 2006, Carson was ordained by the Universal Life Church — via the Internet — to perform a wedding during an episode of Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. So if two DWTS contestants really hit it off, he may be able to get them to the altar stat.
4. He's gunning for Maks and Hope Carson’s pro partner, Anna Trebunskaya, has already trained him to fear the athletes. He joked on Good Morning America that he may have to sabotage Hope Solo and her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy. He also said he may play some mind games with the contestants. "We might give people some unwanted makeovers. I'm totally down with that. We can psych people out, like just before people go on and be like 'You're going to wear that?' You know, to maybe someone like ... Hope Solo."
5. Expect his costumes to be fabulous He's promised they will be. Nate Berkus asked Carson if he would be designing his own costumes for DWTS and Carson said he's looking forward to it. “I got a letter from them saying they really want your input. So, I was like, 'Yes!' 'Cause I don't them putting me in Wendy Williams' old stuff from last year. So I had all these great ideas. I was like, you know I want to look like Fred Astaire, who is so polished and beautiful and kind of Ralph Lorney,” he joke. “And then I was like, but I love sparkles! So, I'm going to kinda do a sparkly Fred Astaire combo.” Nate said he'd be "A gay Fred Astaire," which Carson loved.