1. She has an interesting connection to Chelsea Kane (and Mark Ballas) Kristin got her start on Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County where she dated hunky surfer Stephen Colletti. The pair broke things off after high school and now Colletti is now dating DWTS Season 12 third place winner Chelsea Kane, who also danced with Kristin’s current partner, Mark Ballas. Small world, eh?
2. She’s on the rebound from a broken engagement "She got dumped," a source told People magazine of Kristin, whose engagement to Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler ended in July. "She's absolutely devastated. She can't believe this is happening." The couple was together for 10 months and got engaged back in April. Just a week before the breakup was announced, Kristin tweeted "Thx to all my amazing friends for making my engagement party a blast last night!" she wrote. Without going into details about what went wrong, Kristin told E! and Access Hollywood that she’s definitely doing DWTS in part to take her mind of the engagement. "I'm good,” she toldAccess. “I really am good. This couldn't have come at a better time, you know, I'm staying busy and I'm just gonna have fun."
3. She got the pro partner she wanted Before she was allowed to reveal the name of her pro partner, she described him to On the Red Carpet as "He's the nice one of the bunch. He's a sweetheart." She added to Access Hollywood, "He's who I wanted. When I walked in I was like 'Yes, thank God!' And we're having a blast." She got Mark Ballas and, it’s true, he is nice but he’s not the only nice one. Tony Dovolani — her fellow Hills star Audrina Patridge’s partner on Season 11 — and Louis Van Amstel are sweethearts, too. Maks Chmerkovskiy? Not so much.
4. She’s worried about her giggling habit Kristin told On the Red Carpet, that when she gets nervous she starts to laugh and giggle, so she's worried about what might happen if she and Mark get to do a serious dance like the Paso Doble. She is learning how to Cha-Cha-Cha right now but she told Access Hollywood she's always wanted to learn Salsa and they're kind of in the same family. She just wants to shake her hips and have fun.
5. She designed a shoe for charity Kristin is an ambassador for One Kid One World, which helps underprivileged children around the globe. In 2010 she traveled to El Salvador, where she spent time rebuilding schools in local communities. She went to Kenya in early 2011 for another project for One Kid One World. This year she also designed a shoe called the “Bardot” — named after her dog — available from ShoeDazzle.com, with proceeds going to the charity. “Partnering with ShoeDazzle has given me the opportunity to join two of my loves, fashion and charity work,” she said in a statement, adding that she “enjoyed the process of designing this unique shoe that really matches my style and personality.” Check out a shot of the shoe here.