1. She’s an Aussie ballerina Peta was born in Auckland, New Zealand but moved to Australia at age 18 months — so she considers herself more of an Aussie. She was raised in Perth, Western Australia and started studying classical ballet at age 4. According to ABC, she trained for 12 years under former principal dancer of the Kirov Ballet, Madame Lubov Nikonorenko. She became the Australian State Champion within three months of beginning ballroom training, which sounds pretty darn impressive. She also placed second in the Great World City Championships, was a semi-finalist in the Lion City Championships in Singapore and was a finalist in the Australian Open Championships. She placed 3rd in the world at the British Youth Latin Championships in Blackpool 2006.
2. She upstaged Derek Hough and Kym Johnson … with a blindfold dance? Peta joined the cast of Burn The Floor in 2004, touring with them around the world for six years. When Burn the Floor landed on Broadway in August 2009, Peta was the lead female dancer. And how's this for a random testimonial: On ABC's DWTS site, a fan named Finnlandia posted under Peta’s bio, "She is one of the only reasons I'm excited about this season, was amazing on DWTS troupe, shes gorgeous, nice and i saw her in Burn the Floor, she stole the show from Derek and Kym there, did the most memorable dance blindfolded. Best choice this season :) hope her partner will do his best..." You can watch her blindfold dance in this Burn the Floor clip. Hotness!
3. She’s dating Damian Whitewood You remember Damian, right? He danced with Pamela Anderson on DWTS Season 10. Damian and Peta performed together in Burn the Floor and, according to PureDWTS.com, they met in Australia and live together in L.A. According to ABC, Peta ended her run with Burn the Floor in January 2010 to pursue a career in film and television in L.A. She was part of the DWTS pro troupe that was introduced last season and got “promoted” — along with Tristan MacManus — to dancing with a celeb this season. But what is Damian doing now? When is he coming back to DWTS?
4. She’s one of the taller lady pros Peta told TMZ she is 5'7” and wears 3-inch heels with her Season 13 partner Ron Artest, who is 6'7 and joked his heels are 4 inches high. Kym Johnson is also about 5’7” and they seem to be the tallest female pros right now. Anna Demidova, who danced on Season 9, is 5’10.” Peta told Wetpaint Entertainment that, despite his height, Ron is not intimidating at all. “He’s like a gentle giant,” she said. “He’s this big 6’7” guy and he’s got the softest voice, and he gives the biggest, warmest hugs every day and he’s just a lovely guy.”
5. She took us backstage for the NKOTBSB performance Peta is a beloved Friend of Wetpaint and she gave us a special 3 minute behind-the-scenes look at NKOTBSB's DWTS rehearsals last season, when she was still with the pro troupe. Thanks, Peta!