Top 5 Most Shocking Moments from Glee Season 3, Episode 3: Rachel Is Running for President!
Talk about hitting some high notes! We love how many hilarious, touching, and downright jaw-dropping moments Glee manages to pack into one episode, whether it’s Mike landing a breakthrough role or Mercedes taking her talents elsewhere. Here are our picks for the top five most shocking moments from Season 3, Episode 3: “Asian F.”
5. Rachel thinks she’s easy to like (and we won’t be the ones to tell her otherwise). As we all know, student-body elections (not unlike the ones we hold for the Oval Office every four years) are basically a popularity contest, so we’re a bit doubtful that brown-nosing Rachel, whom much of McKinley often loves-to-hate, stands a chance against the cheerleader (Brittany) or the lovable underdog (Kurt). And kudos to Brittany, who appears to now be the surprising frontrunner after that rousing flash-mob number. Talk about rockin’ the vote!
4. Mike has a breakthrough! We loved that scene where Mike and his mom dance after she admits to him for the first time that she also loves to shake her money-maker (although she didn’t quite put it that way). And we’re thrilled that he earned the role of Riff — just so long as we don’t have to be there when he breaks the news to his dad.
3. Principal Figgins hates Tina? We think of Tina as rather sweet, but Figgins apparently would not agree. Then again, when you (allegedly) routinely threaten to suck someone’s blood, they’re bound to have a so-so impression of you. Even still, this rivalry is totally rando.
2. Emma’s parents are “ginger supremacists.” Who would have imagined that Emma was raised by racists who hate anyone with a color of hair but their own? (We’re guessing Danny Bonaduce would be an exception.) Okay, so that scene at the dinner table was a tad ridiculous, but it’s nice to finally get some backstory about Emma’s affliction. And we’re betting that Schue will think twice before pulling another stunt like that!
1. Mercedes wants her own spotlight By far, the biggest shocker of the night was Mercedes turning down the chance to share the part of Maria, instead opting to join Shelby’s competing group. It’s hard to imagine her competing against her old friends — especially Kurt! Then again, are we really going to resist a plot twist that presumably allows for a few more Mercedes solos each week? (Repeat after us: Hell-to-the-no, we aren’t.)