5. Mayfield in 22 Alex (Justin Chambers) and Jackson (Jesse Williams) discovered that the sheer mention of the phrase "Mayfield in 22" got them out of any bind, and it seemed like they had a source of unlimited free passes. But then they found out what that phrase refers to: An erectile dysfunction specialist. Yikes. Better hope Lexie doesn't catch wind of that tidbit, Jackson.
4. All hands on deck It was great to see all the guys helping Derek (Patrick Dempsey) build a magnificent deck for an even magnificent-er house overlooking Seattle. The teamwork was admirable, it's just a pity that the workmanship was not: the deck ended up having a slope. Better call the pros, men.
3. Mark gets territorial Like Joni Mitchell once sang, “you don’t know what you've got till it's gone” and Mark (Eric Dane) should be listening to that song on repeat. He only appreciated Jackson's talent and potential when Jackson was considering switching over to Derek's side. Only then did Mark's tune change and he fought for his guy.
2. Stampede Don't blame us if you never see us at Comic Con. If there's even a chance of a stampede like the one we saw in this episode, we'd just as soon stay home. Those injuries looked pretty brutal. And wow, what a cast of characters the victims were!
1. Owen doesn't pull any punches And one of those characters was a total oaf of a man who caused such a ruckus in the hospital that Owen (Kevin McKidd) had to take immediate action — with a five-knuckle sandwich! We were in awe The new Chief sure knows how to get things done.