Top 5 OMG Moments From The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 5: “The Reckoning”
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and Season 3, Episode 5, “The Reckoning,” was chock full of them. Here are the five scenes that left our jaws agape.
5. Damon and Katherine kiss and drive Road trips have a way of bringing people together. So when Damon took his eyes off the road to stick his tongue down Katherine’s throat, we got a little nervous. Could this be the start of a dark, blood-suckin’ romance? Uh, no. Damon pushed away from Elena’s evil look-alike. She fell back against the window, shocked. “Thought I’d give it a shot,” he said. “But the truth is you just don’t do it for me anymore.” Ouch!
4. Klaus breaks Tyler’s neck Apparently spending the afternoon breaking and re-breaking Stefan’s neck wasn’t enough. With the doppelganger on one side and the requisite werewolf on the other, Klaus made sure Bonnie would do his bidding. “I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie,” he said. Klaus slit his wrist and force-fed Tyler his blood, adding, “For Tyler’s sake, you’d better hurry.” Then the O.V. did what he does best — he broke the teen wolf’s neck. Elena, Bonnie, and those other two seniors gasped in shock. But Matt glared at Klaus with a look that said this vamp isn’t the only one who needs anger management.
3. Rebekah goes for gusto Forget money: Cell phones are the new root of all evil. When an already-angry Rebekah spotted a photo of Elena and Stefan on Caroline’s phone, her blood boiled. But when Bex noticed that Elena was wearing her cherished necklace, the original vampiress lost it. “Why is that doppelganger bitch wearing my necklace?” she asked. Rebekah barged into the gym and showed Klaus the photo. “Where is it?” she demanded. “I don’t have it anymore,” Elena replied. Wrong answer. Klaus’ sister pounced on Elena, sinking her fangs into the mortal’s neck. Elena. Bitten. Again. How much more can the poor girl take?
2. Stefan offs his humanity switch It’s not Stefan’s fault. “Come on. Your humanity is killing you,” Klaus said. The O.V. taunted Stefan and coaxed him to let go of the guilt. The Nice Guy Salvatore tried to fight it. He tried. But in the end, the power of the original vamp’s compulsion won and Stefan went to the bad “Ripper” place. He swallowed. His eyes glazed over. And when Klaus offered him “a drink from the doppelganger’s neck,” he didn’t even try to resist.
1. Matt commits And by “commits,” we mean to suicide. Determined to save Tyler and to talk to his sister Vicki, Matt called Bonnie to share the opposite of a genius plan: “Jeremy can see ghosts because you brought him back from the dead,” he said. “I need you to do that for me.” As any sane friend would, Bonnie protested vehemently. “You don’t need magic, Bonnie,” Matt replied. “You just have to be better than I was at CPR.” Next, Mystic Grill’s finest chained a weight to his waist. He took a deep breath then stepped off the deck into the deep end of the pool, leaving Bonnie to run for his life.
Need your daily Vampire Diaries fix? “Like" us on our Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter!