Get jealous, Pretty Little Liars fans: We’ve seen the Halloween episode (Season 2, Episode 13), and it’s just as creepy, surprising, and sassy as you’re hoping it will be. In fact, there were so many surprises that we just couldn’t keep them all to ourselves, so we’re dishing 13 hints (spooky number, right?) about the episode. Let’s hope you’re as good at deciphering cryptic clues as the liars are!
1. The episode begins with Alison DiLaurentis (Sasha Pieterse) telling a story to a young child; sounds sweet, right? Wrong! Since this is Alison we’re talking about, the story she chooses is completely terrifying, involving a girl who, uh, isn’t a big fan of her twin sister. (In other words, get ready for a ton of blood!) Let’s just say that Ali isn’t exactly Mary Poppins.
2. If you’re thinking that the girls won’t be in as much peril as they are in the present day, think again. The liars will witness something really creepy, and Alison will receive a present that no one would want to get. (In other words, it’s not a new iPhone.)
3. A key moment that we’ve seen in flashbacks in a previous episode will actually occur during this episode. And it’s definitely a juicy turning point that completely changes how one of the girls behaves for the remainder of the episode!
4. There’s a new girl in town, and her name is Jenna Marshall (Tammin Sursok). That’s right — this episode coincides with Jenna’s arrival at Rosewood. And it’s clear from the moment Jenna arrives that she isn’t taking any guff from the reigning Queen Bee, Ali.
5. Emily (Shay Mitchell) is still with her old boyfriend Ben, and a juicy rumor spreads wildly across campus about these two. But perhaps one of the biggest revelations of the night is who Emily is seen flirting with later at Noel Kahn’s (Brant Daugherty) party. Try not to take a big drink of anything right before this moment, because you’ll definitely be spitting it out in shock!
6. Ali isn’t the only now-dead character who’s getting a new lease on life, as Ian Thomas (Ryan Merriman) is also a key player. Look for Ian and Melissa to dress as a classic movie couple that is all-too appropriate for them, and also keep an eye out for some surprising interactions between Ali and Melissa.
7.Hanna (Ashley Benson) is indeed in her “Hefty Hanna” phase, with Ali never missing a chance to take a potshot, including one especially harsh one about ketchup.
8. Speaking of Jenna, she and Ali both dress as Lady Gaga, even though it’s way back in 2008. (Talk about trend-setters!) And the Gaga look that Jenna happens to choose is similar to the cover of the album The Fame, in which Lady Gaga is wearing — you guessed it! — sunglasses. So even with her vision intact, Jenna never misses an opportunity to sport some killer shades.
9. You might have heard that Ezra Fitz (Ian Harding) makes a brief appearance in the episode, and that’s true, but it really is brief. (Translation: Try not to blink.)
10. Noel might not have shown up much in Season 2 yet, but he’s a major player in this week’s episode. He and Ali are currently besties, and it’s his Halloween party that everyone is getting dressed up for. Seriously, this guy throws more parties than the Great Gatsby.
11. Surprise, surprise: Officer Wilden is on hand to ring in the spooky holiday, too! Look for him to hit on not one but two of the ladies on the show, proving that he’s just as classy now as he was then.
12. “A” is definitely a presence in this episode. All we’ll say is this: Someone who has long been a strong candidate for “A” is almost definitely ruled out as a suspect, while a less obvious “A” suspect has a fairly sinister and incriminating moment that makes them seem very suspicious. (We know — we could hardly be more vague, right?)
13. One last word of warning: Don’t expect everything to get tied up in neat little package at the close of the episode, as the ending is a bit open-ended. Then again, would you expect anything less from this show? We think not.
Want more Wetpaint Entertainment? For all the latest on Pretty Little Liars, "like" us on our Facebook page at facebook.com/PrettyLittleLiarsFansite, or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/PLLWetpaint.