The Top 5 OMG Moments From The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 6: “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and Season 3, Episode 6, “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” was chock full of them. Here are the five scenes that left our jaws agape.
5. Uncle Mason returns Okay: We could have sworn that not only did Damon rip Mason’s heart out of his chest last season but then the vamp buried the werewolf’s body in pieces. Yet there stood Tyler’s hot uncle — alive and stronger than your average bloodsucker. Using super speed, Mason vamped into the Salvatore mansion and toyed with Damon before grabbing the man of the house and tossing him across his own living room. Is Mason a ghost? Or a hybrid? We can’t wait to find out.
4. Mikael takes Kat for dinner Elena’s evil double should have let this sleeping dog lie. But you know Kat. The misbehaving Miss was determined to wake the vampire-slaying vamp from his long slumber. “Why is it that you awoke me?” Mikael asked calmly when he finally came fully to. Kat explained that she needed his assistance in killing Klaus. The ancient offered to help. But first he needed Katherine to free him from his chains. She did. And he started to rub his stiff arms. “A little blood will grease those muscles up real quick,” Katherine advised. “I don’t feed on living things,” Mikael replied. “Then what do you eat?” Wrong question. Mikael grabbed Kat and pulled her into his coffin as he tapped her jugular. She struggled, grabbing the sides of his coffin and trying to pull away. But he overpowered her. Finally, her grip relaxed and her fingers slipped away.
3. Elena takes the plunge Sure, she could blame it on the al, al-al-alcohol. But we all know drunken Elena took a leap of faith when she climbed over the side of the bleachers and then let go. The Mystic Falls senior was betting that, even in his altered Ripper state, Stefan would not let her hit the ground. And she was right. Her ex vamped over just in time to cradle her in his arms. “I knew you’d catch me,” she said. For a second Stefan had the old Nice Guy look in his eyes. But it dimmed when Alaric shot in him the back with vervain.
2. Vicki tries to kill Elena — again When newly freed ghost, Vicki Donovan, returned to Mystic Falls High she had murder on her mind. Elena’s murder to be exact. Don’t ask where Vick got the gasoline or how no one noticed a floating can circling Alaric’s SUV. But it did. Well, Vicki did. And the moment Elena took a seat inside, Matt’s big sister tried to burn his ex-girlfriend alive. Vicki dropped a match and watched as the flames raced up the vehicle. Then she ghosted inside to prevent Elena from exiting. “I’m sorry,” she said as she held down the lock. Yes, we saw the words leave her lips. But we know she didn’t mean it.
1. Matt says good-bye If you think it’s hard losing someone you love once. Try bringing her back then losing her again. That’s what poor Matt had to endure when he turned to Bonnie for help in exiling the spirit of the sister he’d just resurrected. “What is she doing?” Vicki asked when a chanting and rocking Bonnie pulled her spirit into the room. “Fixing my mistake,” Matt replied. Vicki begged Matt to stop, to allow her to stay in his realm. With tears in his eyes, lonely, heartbroken Matt said, “I can’t. You can’t be here… I have to let you go. Goodbye, Vick.”