“I Beg Your Par-Don?” Quotes From Grey’s Anatomy Season 8, Episode 7: “Put Me In, Coach”
In addition to cracks of softball bats, we also heard more than a few wisecracks on Grey's AnatomySeason 8, Episode 7: “Put Me in, Coach.” Plus there were words as sweet as cotton candy and as sour as bad lemonade. Alright, we'll drop the ballgame analogies and get on with our favorite bits of dialogue.
10. Teddy [to Meredith] "You have to go back to the beginning to understand the end." Is that Teddy Altman (Kim Raver) speaking or Confucius? You decide.
9. Mark Sloan (Eric Dane) [receiving jersey]: "Sweet. I'll look fantastic in this. And when you look good, you play good. Am I right, Jackson Avery (Jesse Williams)?" Avery [high-fiving Mark]: "You know it!" Wasn't this episode simply bromantic?
8. Teddy [to Cristina]: "Two months ago, you would have body-checked Kepner in order to get into this guy's chest. And now you just let her do the surgery? You don't even like Kepner." April: "This is true." April Kepner (Sarah Drew), ladies and gentleman. Never a non-dorky moment.
6. Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh): "Your mom would have been proud..." (both burst out laughing) Meredith: "No, she wouldn't have!" Ah, the inherent hilarity of emotionally-distant parents. Least they can laugh about it!
5. Bailey: "Are you drunk?" Cristina: "She is. We are." Tonight, a special primetime report: When Honesty Attacks.
4. Bailey: "What is that?" Meredith: "Uh, my mom's journal." Bailey: "No, I know what it is. Why do you have it?" Meredith: "Because it's my mom's journal." Snippy, sassy pointing-out-the-obvious! We like it!
3. Patient Carl [to his wife]: "See? I told you she was an artist." Awww, we fully support any and all idolization of Callie (Sara Ramirez).
2. Teddy [to Cristina]: "I want you to make a list of every surgery that you have ever dreamed of performing. Shoot for the moon and I will try to get you some." To a surgeon, these words are what dreams are made of.
1. Callie [asked if Mark's girlfriend will be okay]: "It's her boob. She's in good hands." Callie hits a comedic home run!