The attraction has always been there, but it took B&B quite some time before they both realized their feelings. We have to admit, though — it’s been fun (and amusing) to watch along the way! We looked back over the past 7 seasons of Bones, and selected some of our favorite Booth and Brennan quotes on love. Take a look:
1. The great mistletoe debacle of Season 3 ... Bones Season 3, Episode 9: “The Santa in the Slush” [Brennan tells Booth she's going to kiss him] Brennan: I'm only telling you out of professional courtesy. Booth: What? Brennan: So that you won't be surprised. Booth: Yeah but when you say kiss you mean like, kiss kiss on both cheeks? Brennan: No, the lips.
2. Debriefing the incident with Sweets later. Bones Season 3, Episode 9: “The Santa in the Slush” Sweets (John Francis Daley): You kissed? Booth: Mistletoe. Sweets: Was there tongue? Booth: All right, you know what? Get your own sex life- Brennan: Wh-that has nothing to do with sex. Booth: There was no ... it was ... mistletoe. Brennan: Totally sexless.
3. Booth and Brennan’s first “I love you.” Well, sorta. Bones Season 5, Episode 1: "Harbingers in the Fountain" Brennan: What did you want to tell me? Booth: That I love you ... [pause] … In a professional, 'atta girl' kind of way. Brennan: 'Atta girl' kind of way? Right back at'cha Booth. I love you too. 'Atta Boy.'
4. Well, he has no direct knowledge of that yet ... Bones Season 3, Episode 2: Soccer Mom in the Mini-Van Special Agent Sam Reilly [to Booth]: She must be really good in bed, I can't see any other reason why you keep her around. Brennan: I am, in fact, very good. But Booth has no direct knowledge of that.
5. Wait. When was this scientifically proven? Bones Season 4, Episode 3: “The Cinderella in the Cardboard” Booth: Marriage is very important to a lot of people, Bones. Brennan: That's ridiculous. No one can guarantee how they are going to feel about someone for life. We're not a monogamous species.
6. Nothing like a nice bit of facial symmetry to get that dopamine goin’! Bones Season 2, Episode 20: “Glowing Bones in the Old Stone House” Booth: Well, I'm just saying, you believe in love don't you? Brennan: I believe that dopamine and norepinephrine stimulate euphoria because of certain biological triggers like scent, and symmetrical features. Booth: Symmetrical features? Brennan: Yes it's an indication of a good breeder. You appear to be a very good breeder.
7. Probably not exactly the type of conversation Booth wanted to be having with Brennan’s father ... Bones Season 4, Episode 11: “The Bone That Blew” Max: Are you sleeping with my daughter? Booth: No. Max: Why? Are you gay? Booth: No!
8. As usual, Angela figures this stuff out way before Brennan does. Bones Season 4, Episode 14: “The Hero in the Hold” Angela: Listen to me, Brennan. Somebody you love is buried alive. You are allowed to save them, no matter how irrational it seems. Brennan: I don't love Booth. Angela: Yes, you do.
9. For once in her life, Bones wants to be more like Booth. Bones Season 4, Episode 20: “The Cinderella in the Cardboard” Brennan: You believe that love is transcendent and eternal. I want to believe that too. Booth: Hey, you will. I promise. Someday you will. Someday, okay. You will.
10. Aww, Bones. For someone so smart ... Bones Season 4, Episode 15: “The Princess and the Pear” Brennan: I have no idea why Booth is so protective of me. Special Agent Payton Perotta: You really don't, do you? Brennan: No, I don't. Agent Perotta: No, you don't. [shakes head]
11. Just look how much things can change! Bones Season 5, Episode 13: “The Dentist in the Ditch” Brennan: [raising her glass] When Booth and I first met, I didn’t believe that such a thing as love existed. I maintained that it was simply brain chemistry, but perhaps Booth is correct. Perhaps love comes first and then creates the reaction. I have no tangible proof, but I’m willing to accept Booth’s premise. Booth: [raises his glass, looking at Brennan] To love.
Did we miss any of your favorite quotes? Post them in the comments and let us know! Need your daily dose of Bones? “Like” us on Facebook!