Angelea Gets Disqualified! 5 WTF Moments From ANTM All-Stars Finale
We love America’s Next Top Model as much as the next Tyra Banks devotee, but sometimes the WTF moments have us shaking in our designer stilettos. The epic Cycle 17 finale was just as jaw-dropping as the rest of the season, and now it’s time to check out our favorite crizazy gems from this hour-long masterpiece of documentary television. Enjoy the ride!
1. Angelea Gets Disqualified! We could barely contain our gasp when Tyra casually announced that Angelea had been disqualified because of vague “information” that “came to light.” Her sudden disappearance can only be described as the most dramatic and WTF moment of the season, yet all the judges were just like, “Yawn, BFD.” Meanwhile, we were expected to sit through judgement day as though this crazy game-changer hadn’t even happened!
Though the reasons for Angelea’s departure still haven’t been confirmed, rumor has it that she won the competition but leaked out the info and had to be stripped of her title. Although, we prefer the no. 2 most popular rumor: That her eggo is preggo!
2. Miss J Is A Trojan Man! Miss J has been absent for much of the season, occasionally showing up here and there with a pile of fake hair atop his head, delivering a message from Tyra, and going back from whence he came. His appearance in the finale served no purpose whatsoever, other than to remind us that he is a true style icon.
During the final runway, Miss J was wearing a metrosexual Trojan warrior outfit, complete with an imposing helmet and mask. Not one word was uttered from his mouth during the entire episode, but his random interpretive dance in the middle of the runway show spoke for itself.
3. Tyra Tries To Drown Her Proteges Clearly, Tyra wanted to come up with something special for this fleet of Top Model All-Stars. Her plan? To stick them in dusty wigs and immerse them in a swimming pool, where they’d surely meet their demise. As expected, most of our lovely ladies had near-death experiences, and Lisa ended up getting lost. But it was all worth it! After all, the transformation from mortal to goddess isn’t without its challenges.
P.S: Does anyone else think this pool experience was baptismal in nature? Note to Lisa, Angelea and Allison: You officially belong to the religion of Tookie.
4. Mr. Jay Goes Greek Chic! Mr. Jay really doesn’t spend enough time cross-dressing, but this week he took a hint from his sista-friend, Miss J, and broke out a beautiful bejeweled toga and matching veil. Combined with his fabulous eye shadow and shimmer bronzer, Mr. Jay was the picture of perfection.
So where does the WTF come in? Someone put this man on the runway! It’s a fashion crime that he’s forced to stay backstage amongst the plebes.
5. Allison Gets A Ty-Over Does anyone else think Tyra’s interns tried to sabotage Allison? Why did they wait until the Top Model finale to bleach her lovely eyebrows? Girlfriend is gorgeous, but even the prettiest of the pretty don’t look good missing important parts of their body.
Obviously, Tyra decided Allison’s bleached face would make her look more “high fashion,” but this is a lady who described sucking Tyson Beckford’s thumb as “editorial” and is a self-declared pimple fetishist. Should we be taking beauty advice from her?