The same thing will happen Monday night, January 2, on the premiere of The Bachelor Season 16. Some of the new ladies will end up making a splash — whether on Bachelor Pad Season 3, as the Season 8 Bachelorette or just through other endeavours.
By last January, Emily Maynard was already getting headlines as America’s potential sweetheart because of her tragic backstory. Even then we were speculating about her being the next Bachelorette (sound familiar?) because spoilers had Brad Womack picking Chantal O'Brien over Emily at the end of Season 15.
Keeping in mind what we know now, let’s look back at the bachelorette limo arrivals from back then as a preview for Monday night’s debut of the Class of 2012.
• At the 1:45 mark in the first of two YouTube videos from the premiere, Ashley Spivey walks out of the limo and tells Brad "aren't you a tall drink of water.” She calms him down when he says he's already been slapped and told he's hated by the previous ladies from the limo. As she hugs him goodbye, she pinches his butt. Brad loves it. "My type of girl!" She'll get the first impression rose for her expert flirting.
• At 4:06, he meets the little blonde Ashley Hebert, who does a cute little pose in her long sparkly gown. He says it's "quite an entrance." He lifts her up when he hugs her. She says she hopes he's prepared to answer the same questions over and over and over ... but if he's not, she said she's ready to just take off with him right there. He almost takes her up on it.
• In the same video, he also meets such Bachelor mainstays as Marissa May, Jackie Gordon and future drama queen Melissa Schreiber, who runs out of the limo and jumps into Brad’s arms before admitting she did not watch his first season. "Thank God!" he says.
• In Part 2, Brad meets Emily, the woman he’ll eventually propose to. But first he meets a bunch of other ladies, including funeral director Shawntel Newton. Around the 1:20 mark, Shawntel tells Brad she’s worried about tripping over her dress, then they tell each other they smell good.
• At 5:50, Emily walks out of the limo in her beautiful black dress. Brad is already nervous to the point of stammering and seeing her just makes him gush. She says she's honestly so happy that he is the Bachelor. He says she is "such a beautiful woman." Her little "see ya" as she walks away is so cute.
• The last lady to arrive is Michelle Money in her long, stunning dress. She tells him "You are exactly who I wanted to see right now." He replies "You are exactly who I wanted to see right now."
We’re so glad we met Michelle — and Emily, Ashley and the rest. Good season, in hindsight, although the “happily ever after” part didn't turn out the way we wanted. Here's hoping Ben Flajnik manages to make it last!