Continuing in our tradition of looking closely at the top “A” suspects, here are the five reasons why we think Lucas could turn out to be “A.”
1. You’ve heard of Angry Birds? Well, this is one “Angry Nerd.” Lucas is sometimes a pushover, but at other times, we see glimpses of his dark side, whether he’s destroying Ali’s memorial, getting drunk at Hanna’s welcome-home party (Season 1, Episode 12: “Salt Meets Wound”), or calling Ali a bitch in his baby mask (Season 2, Episode 13:”The First Secret”). He might not yet have had any outbursts like the main character in the film Carrie, but Lucas is definitely a Carrie-like outcast with an occasional violent streak.
2. Say cheese. We know “A” is a skilled photographer who uses photos for blackmail, like that pic of Ezra Fitz (Ian Harding) and Aria (Lucy Hale) that was sent to Emily’s (Shay Mitchell) phone in Season 2, Episode 11: “I Must Confess.” Lucas, too, is known for his camera skills and is in charge of yearbook pics. Whether Lucas has been using these skills for something other than photographing the “senior superlative” winners remains to be seen (and may we add, we’ll be shocked if one of our Liars doesn’t win “Best Hair”!).
3. We’re thinking Lucas isn’t crazy about the name “Hermie.” Some nicknames are pretty awesome (we’re thinking of “The Rock” here); others, like “Hermie the Hermaphrodite,” not so much. So we can see why Lucas would hate Alison DiLaurentis (Sasha Pieterse), as “A” does. In fact, we even hear Lucas say in “The First Secret” that Ali will “get what’s coming to her.” Is this a clue that he’s “A,” or just an empty threat? (Then again, he said that right after spilling his soda, so maybe he was just bitter about having to shell out a buck for another can.)
4. Caleb is clearly starting to “bug” Lucas. Lucas and Caleb Rivers (Tyler Blackburn) have a complicated friendship, but it was made clear (in Season 2, Episode 14: "Through Many Dangers, Toils, and Snares" ) that Lucas kinda-sorta wants Caleb gone. That’s why it makes sense that, when “A” sent over an exterminator to Hanna’s basement where Caleb was living back in Season 1, Episode 17: “The New Normal,” that Lucas might have been behind this. Clearly, he views Caleb as a pest.
5. Lucas is almost as good with machines as the average Bond villain. “A” is kind of a tech whiz, what with always managing to send the girls messages without them knowing who sent them, not to mention that “A” must have some seriously high-tech equipment for spying on people (and not setting off security alarms). And time and again, we see that Lucas is a pro with computers — like when he sold Hanna’s stuff for her online. Then again, there’s a difference between being a psycho stalker and just knowing how to use eBay.
Pretty Little Liars" googleanalytics ="UA-10597003-4" postauthor="kayti-burt" posttag="Pretty Little Liars" tagstring="Pretty Little Liars,Features" data-url="http://www.wetpaint.com/2015-07-27-pretty-little-liars-a-reveals-that-would-be-the-most-shocking/" onClick="AjaxContentCall(1428874,1);">