We've dissected the big, adult drama of Grey's Anatomy, so now let's talk about a smaller — but no less important — subject: the kids! Here are our picks for the cutest children we've seen so far on Grey's Anatomy, whether they're patients or progeny.
5. Jessica Jessica was a cherub of a little girl who had Tay-Sachs but also had the most determined father ever. Unfortunately, the father just couldn't make the arrangements to fly Jessica to Mexico for a last-minute procedure; so he calmed Jessica as she passed away by talking about all the beautiful beaches they'd see in Mexico. Talk about heartbreaking!
4. Wallace We've never seen a younger doctor than Wallace, a Doogie-Howser-in-training who had a penchant for making rounds with the other MDs. Unfortunately, the little guy also had short-gut syndrome, and passed away when a procedure to correct a bowel obstruction went south. It's a crying shame, because other than being adorable, he seemed to have serious surgical potential.
3. Sofia Granted, we haven't gotten a lot of close-ups of Sofia so far, but we know she has to be cute because a) she's the product of Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez) and Mark Sloan (Eric Dane) and b) every character starts cootchie-cootchie-coo noises as soon as they see her. No one cootchie-cootchie-coos to ugly babies. No one.
2. Zola Of courseMeredith (Ellen Pompeo) knew that Zola was the kid she and Derek (Patrick Dempsey) had to adopt — look how easy Zola is with a smile! And those cheeks! OMG. We'd adopt Zola, too, and we don't have nearly the salary that surgeons do. In any case, we couldn't be more happy that Zola and her dimples will be permanent fixture in Mer and Der's lives.
1. Tucker Okay, the only reason we're rating Tucker above Zola is that we've seen his entire life play out on Grey's Anatomy, from the very moment he came out of Bailey's (Chanda Wilson) va-jay-jay. (We're not being disrespectful, we're just quoting the mother herself!) Plus, it was super-cute to see him waddling down the halls of Seattle Grace as a tyke.
Remember to tune in to the episode of Grey's Anatomy on Thursday, January 19, at 9 pm ET/PT on ABC.