Top 20 Quotes From The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 11, “Our Town”
One thing we’ll never say about The Vampire Diaries: “You took the words right out of our mouths.” Elena and the gang utter things we’d never dream of saying — or at least hope we never have to. Without further ado, here are the 20 notable quotables from Season 3, Episode 11, “Our Town.”
20. Can I get a do-over? Klaus: "I was hoping we’d pick up where we left off. But, here you are guzzling vervain like the rest of them, I’m sure. So much for friendship." Stefan: "Friends don’t strip friends of their free will." Klaus: "Okay, granted, yeah that was a little extreme. But I get a little moody. Just ask my siblings."
19. Amen! Meredith: "Thank God, another day drinker."
18. Stress: the follicle killer Damon(to Stefan): "Relax, brother. You don’t want your hair to fall out."
17. Who’s the boss? Caroline: "Can you at least tell me what you’re planning to do about your sire-bond to Klaus?" Tyler: "There’s nothing that I can do about it, Caroline. That’s the point."
16. There goes our property value Damon: "These hybrids. They’re really bringing the neighborhood down."
15. Founders keepers Klaus: "I’m surprised you’re still in town. I gave you your freedom, you could have gone anywhere." Stefan: "I live here, Klaus." Klaus: "Well if we’re playing this game, then I was here first."
14. Tell the truth why don’tcha Stefan: "I don’t like your hybrid friends. They’re everywhere, kind of like fleas."
13. I spoke too soon Mindy: “Is everything okay?" Klaus: "Everything’s fine, Mindy. Stefan was just leaving after failing to make his point." Stefan [grabs a saw off the table and decapitates Mindy]: "You may want to send the rest of them away before it gets messy."
12. Birthday, schmirthday Caroline: "You know I didn’t even like 17. I mean technically the only point to 17 was to get to 18. It’s a filler year. I’m stuck in a filler year."
11. Collateral damage Klaus (to Stefan): "Maybe I’d be willing to lose one brother if it meant killing yours."
10. Toastmaster Gilbert Elena: "Amen or cheers or whatever."
9. Now that’s flirting Meredith: "Alaric Saltzman, miracle patient." Alaric: "Dr. Fell." Meredith: "I’m glad to see you’re still alive. Half of me thought you’d drop dead in your sleep." Alaric: "Yeah, well, I guess I have nine lives." Meredith: "Not a bad thing to have in a town with a vampire problem."
7. Party pooper Matt(to Bonnie): "You’re ruining a perfectly good funeral."
6. Tell it like it is Damon: "You want to beat the villain, you’ve got to be smarter." Stefan: "No, no. To beat the villain, Damon, you have to be the better villain."
5. You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone Stefan: "Destroying Klaus is all I have left." Elena: "You had me." Stefan: "I lost you the minute I left town with Klaus. You just haven’t let yourself admit that yet." Elena: "Is that what you’re doing, trying to make me hate you?" Stefan: "I don’t really care what you think about me anymore, Elena."
4. Don’t hold back Caroline: “Are you going to kill me?” Klaus: “On your birthday? Do you really think that low of me?” Caroline: “Yes.”
3. Stefan’s new normal Damon (about Stefan): “He just tried to behead someone in the middle of a council party. He’s operating on ‘crazy.’”
2. Good pep talk
Klaus: “I’ll let you in on a little secret. There’s a whole world out there waiting for you. Great cities and art and music. Genuine beauty. And you can have all of it. You can have a thousand more birthdays. All you have to do is ask.”
Caroline: “I don’t want to die.”
1. To kiss or not to kiss
Elena: We can’t. It’s not right. Damon: It’s right. It’s just not right now.