Top 5 OMG Moments from The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 11, “Our Town”
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and “Our Town” was chock full of them. Here are the five scenes that left our jaws agape.
5. Stefan decapitates Mindy We can’t say Stefan didn’t warn Klaus that things would get violent, because he did. As the two stood face-to-face in the salon of the Big Bad’s still-under-construction mansion, the youngest Salvatore told Klaus to get his hybrids out of Mystic Falls or he would kill them. But the Original Vampire refused. To make matters worse, Klaus taunted Stefan when one of his favored minions walked in. “Is everything okay?” she asked. “Everything’s fine, Mindy,” Klaus replied. “Stefan was just leaving after failing to make his point.” So Stefan had no choice but to grab a handsaw from a nearby table and be off with Mindy’s head. “You may want to send the rest of them away before it gets messy,” he said — as if the blood pooling on the floor wasn’t messy enough.
4. Tyler bites Caroline “Klaus can’t control me. Not when it comes to you,” Tyler told Caroline. Standing in the moonlit woods outside the crypt where Elena had thrown Car a birthday funeral, the hybrid jock went on to utter the words every girl wants to hear. “I’m not moving on from anything. I love you,” he said. Tyler held Caroline’s face in his hand and kissed her gently. Then passionately. But when he moved to smooch her neck the power of the sire-bond he thought he’d broken kicked in and before he could stop himself Tyler nipped his amour. “Did you just bite me?” Caroline asked, stunned. “Get away from me!” As blood trickled down her neck, she placed her hand on her chest and slid to the ground. Hers was a unhappy birthday after all.
3. Caroline asks Klaus to help her live Bitten, broken, and sweating in pain, Caroline didn’t want her 18th birthday to be her last on earth. So when Klaus, her sworn enemy, offered her “a thousand more,” she accepted. “I don’t want to die,” she cried. Klaus lifted her up, offered his wrist, and comforted her as she drank.
2. Stefan leaves Elena on the bridge We’ll never know if it was all an empty threat. But one thing is clear: After Stefan used Elena as a bartering chip to get Klaus to do what he wanted, he left her without a cell phone, standing in the dark, alone on the bridge. “I don’t really care what you think about me anymore,” he said before driving off. As if almost killing her wasn’t bad enough.
1. Stefan plays chicken with Elena’s life Stefan used to kill for Elena. But as he recklessly raced down the dark road toward Wickerly Bridge it seemed he was trying to kill her. Maybe “try” is the wrong word here. The vampire started to kill his ex-girl. “Maybe I’ll just turn you into a vampire,” he growled as he put pedal to metal. However you phrase it, the act remains the same: If Klaus refused to banish his hybrids from Mystic Falls, Stefan was going to drive the O.V.’s “blood source” off the bridge where her parents met their demise. As Klaus listened over the phone, Stefan force-fed Elena his blood and shifted gears. Elena fought. She protested. The fear in her voice increased as the car picked up speed. But it wasn’t until she let out a blood-curdling scream that Klaus cried uncle. “Fine. I’ll send them away,” he said. “You win.”