The Bachelor 16’s Nicki Sterling: 5 Things You Need To Know
You know she’s the “nicely bubbly” divorcée who immediately caught Ben Flajnik’s attention — and also the eyes of Bachelor Nation veterans Michael Stagliano and Ames Brown, who both named her an early favorite. But what else do you know about 26-year-old Nicki Sterling? As we celebrate Nicki’s first (finally!) one-on-one date with Ben on The Bachelor Season 16, Episode 5, here are five factoids about the pride of Hurst, Texas.
1. Sterling is her married name — awkward? Her maiden name is Nicki Felix. As she mentioned on the show, she met her ex when she was 18 and instantly fell in love. She got married when she was 21 and then something just changed. The excitement was gone. According to Reality Steve, she and her ex divorced within the last year. (Dang, that’s pretty recent! Is she really ready for another serious commitment?)
2. She has that dental connection Maybe Ben just has a thing for girls and teeth. He eventually fell for then dental student Ashley Hebert on The Bachelorette Season 7, and Nicki is studying to be a dental hygienist at Blinn College. Reality Steve has a photo of her from a trip to Austin, Texas, with fellow Blinn students for Legislative Awareness Day.
3. She knows how to party Steve also has pics of Nicki dancing on top of a bar and just goofing around with her girlfriends. Interestingly enough, after Steve posted those pics, Brad Womack's brother Wes tweeted him and mentioned that Nicki was dancing on top of the bar at Dizzy Rooster, one of the bars the Womack bros own. Small Bachelor world!
4. She's big on sincerity One of Chris Harrison's buzz words for Ben this season is "sincere." Ben is the most "sincere" Bachelor, Chris says. Nicki also drops the s-bomb a couple of times in her ABC bio. When asked for her three best attributes, she lists, "1. Ability to make people feel comfortable. 2. Sincerity. 3. I'm fun!" Asked for her ideal mate's personality traits, she answered, "Funny (love sarcasm!), outgoing, well-mannered, hard-working, family man, honest and sincere."
5. It's going to be hard to top her best date Asked for her best date memory, she said "Pulling over on the side of a country road after a great dinner to dance under the stars to a Jack Ingram song." Sounds pretty dreamy. Will her San Juan escape with Ben measure up?