5. Goodbye, Rosewood. Hello, Bourbon Street! Landing a coveted work assignment is usually seen as a good thing, but that’s because usually you’re not nominated by your girlfriend’s father (Byron [Chad Lowe]) in an effort to banish you to another time zone, like Ezra (Ian Harding). And here we were thinking that Ezria’s relationship was finally moving forward — they were getting the chance to hang out and were keeping “A” from hearing about it. Looks like Byron is even more sly than we realized.
4. It’s always hotter under the water. Sure, most people aren’t exactly besties with their significant other’s parents, but Maya (Bianca Lawson) wasn’t even a teensy bit nice to Emily’s (Shay Mitchell) mom Pam (Nia Peeples). Still, Maya found a way to make up for it by recreating an underwater locale, leading to quite a steamy scene on Maya’s bed. Apparently, Emily isn’t quite so focused on Maya’s ex — or on Noel’s (Brant Daugherty) advances, for that matter — when she and Maya are busy, uh, gettin’ busy.
3. Holden’s injury is from football? Aria begs to differ! Okay, so everyone on PLL gets a little banged up now and then, but Holden’s (Shane Coffey) massive bruise is about as serious as it gets on this show (not counting losing your eyesight, of course!). We don’t know if this means that he’s the one whom Hanna (Ashley Benson) hit with her car at the greenhouse in Season 2, Episode 14: "Through Many Dangers, Toils, and Snares,” but Aria (Lucy Hale) is right to assume that the only way Holden could get an injury like that from football is if he were to compete in this weekend’s Super Bowl without any pads.
2. Say cheese, Kate! We were pretty sure there was no way Kate (Natalie Hall) would stay sweet for very long, even if Spencer (Troian Bellisario) thought she had her on a tight leash with that “bug bite” snapshot. Sure enough, “A” intervenes by using Hanna’s phone to capture a pic of Kate in her birthday suit — and then of course sharing it with the entire school. Something tells us that Kate isn’t the type to let bygones be bygones. (Translation: We wonder what Hanna will be vomiting on this time!)
1. It doesn’t need to be Halloween for Ali to wear a wig and act creepy. Hanna wasn’t thrilled that Caleb (Tyler Blackburn) and the girls were investigating A’s phone behind her back, but at least the sleuthing led to more clues, including a fake ID belonging to “Vivian Darkbloom,” a.k.a. Alison (Sasha Pieterse) in an Elvira-esque wig. Spencer then calls the number on “Vivian’s” claim ticket and is about to retrieve the mystery item. But what could it be? (And why are we feeling a tad apprehensive about finding out? Maybe because we’ve seen this show before!)
Be sure to tune in for the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Monday, February 6 at 8 pm ET/PT on ABC Family.