Lewis Jacobs/NBC © 2011 NBC Universal, Inc.
Should The Voice Season 2 Premiere After The Super Bowl? You Tell Us!
As the Giants and the Patriots duke it out for the top prize at Super Bowl XLVI, contestants of The Voice will be warming up their chords for the blind auditions.
With so many exciting things to watch, is having this singing competition’s premiere on the same night as the Super Bowl a good idea?
1) Chances are whether you like football or not, the TV will already be on. The commercials and halftime performances alone are enough to keep any TV-addict happy.
2) After seeing Madonna kill it at the halftime show, we’ll be all set for hours of Voice hopefuls singing the classics.
3) If you were already at a Super Bowl party, you’ll have all the snacks and dips you could ever want — to eat during commercial breaks, of course. No crunching on chips during the blind auditions!
1) A Sunday night premiere could throw you off for The Voice’s regular Monday night schedule.
2) You and your friends may be too tired from watching the Super Bowl to sit through a premiere.
3) If the Super Bowl offers a particularly exciting game this year, people could still be talking about it when you’re trying to hear what Cee Lo has to say!
What do you think? Good idea? Or not so much?