The Bachelor 16’s Rachel Truehart: 5 Things You Need to Know
You know she’s a 27-year-old fashion sales rep who quit her job to go on The Bachelor Season 16. You know she has a nose ring and called Shawntel Newton a “creeper” who drains people’s blood for a living. But what else do you know about the beautiful blonde who gets her first one-on-one date with Ben in Episode 4?
1. Her family is surprised (but happy) to see her do this Rachel is a native of Southhampton, MA, where her family held a catered party for more than 100 people to watch The Bachelor 16 premiere. “I was actually really surprised that she took a chance and went for it, since it was not something she was expecting or looking for,” Rachel’s cousin, Kimberly Truehart, told MassLive.com. “It was so exciting to see her on the show. She looked beautiful,” said Darcy Truehart, Rachel’s aunt. Ted Blais, of Ted’s Creative Jewelers in Southampton, told the site, “She is just a hometown girl, very fun-loving and kind. She is a warm person, and she deserves this opportunity.” (Maybe it’s that warmth that makes her hate blood-draining “creepers” so much?)
2. Her sister is a model Rachel’s sister, Crystal Truehart, appeared on Season 1 of The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency back in 2006. You can check out Crystal’s modeling site here. Rachel's aunt Darcy said “They are both beautiful girls, and it doesn’t surprise me that they would be chosen for shows like this."
3. You can meet her on Meetup Rachel has been a Meetup.com member since Feb. 3, 2011. Her bio says, "I'm really just interested in meeting some new people, maybe trying some new things. Just looking to open myself up to new experiences and hopefully make some friends along the way :)" She's currently a member of two groups — The NYC New England Patriots Meetup Group and NYC Selective Singles - Attractive Young Professionals 25-35. (Single? Maybe not for long...)
4. She wants to be a guy… for a day In her ABC bio, Rachel was asked “If you could be someone else for just one day, who would it be and why?” She answered, “I think I would want to be a guy for the day just to see what it's like....I think I would hate it but it would be good insight. Either that or a huge celebrity and see what it's like to be followed and photographed everywhere you go.”
5. She’s a major risk taker Also in her ABC bio, the girl with one tattoo on her back listed her greatest achievement to date as “Moving to NYC on my own when I had no friends moving there or to live with. I was determined to make it work, even though I had some people back home who doubted me.” Good for her! But then she told Ben on the Season 16 premiere that she quit her job to go on the show. Guess she’ll do anything for love — or a chance at fame (15 minutes or otherwise)?