5. Mona was helpful? Are you sure this isn’t April Fool’s Day? There were times when we were convinced that, if you looked up the word “witch” in the dictionary, you’d find a picture of Mona (Janel Parrish). And yet we’re forced to eat our words when Mona proved to be surprisingly helpful (and tech-savvy) in getting Emily (Shay Mitchell) back into a swimsuit. Of course, since this is still Mona we’re talking about, we’re skeptical of her motives, but for now, we’re willing to believe that Mona has turned over a new leaf — a small leaf, but a leaf nonetheless.
4. Kate’s a magician: She can make her birthmark disappear! Even Hanna’s mom (Laura Leighton) had her doubts as to whether Hanna (Ashley Benson) snapped that scandalous pic of Kate (Natalie Hall), so we were relieved when Hanna spotted that birthmark, proving it was Kate who tried to frame Hanna. Talk about sisterly love. We’re guessing that, in the future, Kate will be sure to check if anyone’s in the bathroom stalls before confessing to other heinous crimes.
3. The pocket of mystery. If someone were to search our coat pockets, we’re guessing they’d only find gum wrappers, but such was not the case with “Vivian’s” raincoat. The girls called the number in the red coat’s pocket, claiming to be Vivian’s friend, and soon they’re bombarded with missed calls until a guy agrees to meet them in person. This is all quite mysterious, but for us, the biggest question is why anyone still writes phone numbers on paper instead of just typing them into their phone!
2. Can’t someone throw away those spooky, plastic sheets that are up on that roof? So much for the rooftop being serene and romantic. Aria (Lucy Hale) went up to the school’s rooftop to find Caleb (Tyler Blackburn), but then she realizes she has company, and with the door now locked, Aria headed up an escape ladder until Noel(Brant Daugherty) gr abed her leg (not okay!) and demanded Caleb’s whereabouts. At this, Holden (Shane Coffey) popped up, kicking Noel off her. We’re not sure why Holden is better with his feet than David Beckham is — is he taking self-defense? — but we’re thinking we wouldn’t mess with him.
1. Big brother is watching you. Spencer (Troian Bellisario) finally put the pieces together about Jason (Drew Van Acker), thanks to a flashback of Ali’s comment about upsetting the gods when Melissa and Jason were getting a little extra cozy. Was Jason planning to force Mr. Hastings to come clean at “Truth Up” Day, or did Jason have more in mind? Come to think of it, could Jason have been the one who took that gun from the desk last week? All we know is, if we ran a gun shop in Rosewood, we would refuse to sell a gun to anyone.
Be sure to tune in for the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Monday, February 13 at 8 pm ET/PT on ABC Family.