Top 5 OMG Moments from The Vampire Diaries Season 3, Episode 15, “All My Children”
We love those moments on The Vampire Diaries that make us gasp, pause, and rewind — and the 15th episode of the third season, “All My Children,” was chock full of them. Here are the five scenes that left our jaws agape.
5. Rebekah does the walk of shame. It’s hard enough having friends see you stroll home the morning after a fling. But to do it in front of your brothers… yikes! The ribbing Original Sister Rebekah endured when she strolled into Casa Klaus wearing the same green dress she’d donned at the ball was comical. Kol started in on her right away. “Out all night? What a scandal!” her little brother said. He went on to call her a commoner-loving strumpet. Then, Kol invited Klaus to go out with him to find some, ahem, fun. “Yes, please go,” Beks said. “This house has enough men rolling around in it.” Kol responded with one last dig: “Just like you, Rebekah.” Ouch.
4. Damon tries to give Elena away. Dirty Damon is back. Sort of. Hours after Rebekah tried to kill Elena (again), the elder Salvatore slept with her. The next afternoon he sauntered into his living room with a glass of courage in his hand. “Join me for a little victory drink?” he asked Stefan. Damon was celebrating the fact that he’d caused Elena pain by hanging up on her, flaunting that he’d slept with Beks then siding with Stefan against her on the Elijah issue. But his little brother thought he was pre-emptively drinking to Klaus’ demise. “You should wait until Klaus is dead,” Stef said. “Why are you so extra broody?” Damon replied. Sir Salvatore went on to claim that he did his little bro a favor by ticking off Elena. “Now you can come in and sweep her off her feet,” he said — as if our girl was his to give away. ”Nah. She’s better off without me,” Stefan replied. “She’s sure as hell better off without you.” Damon’s super-sized ego wouldn’t let the conversation end there. “Fine,” he said. “Neither one of us gets her.”
3. The Original Family has one last reunion. There’s being disappointed in your children and then there’s Esther. Appalled by the “atrocities” she created, the Original Mama full-on planned to kill her children. Unfortunately for her, Elijah, Klaus, and Kol raced out into the woods to stop her. They found her standing in the center of a torch-dotted pentagram holding their brother Finn’s hand. “My only regret is that I didn’t kill you a thousand years ago,” Esther told her sons. “All of you. You’re a curse on this earth.” She closed her eyes and willed her sister witches to do her bidding. And they would have too — if the Salvatores hadn’t broken the Bennett line.
2. Alaric discovers that his new girl just might be a serial killer. We should have known something was up when Doc Meredith took the history teacher back to her place after his fight with Klaus. Even though she suspected he might have a concussion, Mer let Alaric fall asleep. When he woke up, he went into the kitchen for some water and stumbled across the crime scene photos on her table. Then he uncovered the knife. And, well, the rest is history. “You weren’t supposed to see that,” Meredith said. She pointed he handgun at Alaric and fired. Poor ‘Ric. First his wife Isabel leaves him to chase bloodsucker tail. Then his girlfriend, Aunt Jenna, gets kidnapped, turned, and killed by Klaus. Now he has to go and fall for what Damon called “the sexy psycho doctor.” Talk about being unlucky in love!
1. Bonnie takes another one for Team Elena. How much is friendship with Elena worth? Bon-Bon has already paid for that BFF status with the life of her grandmother and her warlock boyfriend Luka. In “All My Children,” her agreement to help Original Mama Esther kill her vampire children cost the witch of Mystic Falls an even bigger toll. When their plan to stake Kol failed, the Salvatore brothers cornered Bonnie and her mother Abbyy. “Esther’s drawing from the witches and the only way to cut her off is if one of you is no longer a witch,” Stefan said. Bonnie looked around wildly. But it was too late. In the next room, Damon was already doing the dirty deed. Knowing Abbyy had vampire blood in her system, he broke the Bennett witch’s neck. And just like that, another vampire was born.