Continuing in our tradition of looking closely at the top “A” suspects, here are six reasons why we think Detective Wilden could turn out to be “A.”
1. Darren has been menacing the girls since Day One (unfortunately). The PLL producers have alluded to the fact that “A” is someone who’s been on the show since the very beginning, and Darren certainly fits the bill, given that he just so happened to know that Hanna was shoplifting during the pilot. And he was then shacking up at the Marin household, giving him a prime location to do some serious spying. (But at least he doesn’t look too bad in a towel, right?)
2. He seems desperate to ruin Ms. Marin’s life. It seems that none of the Liars’ parents has been targeted as harshly as Hanna’s mom Ashley (Laura Leighton) has, with “A” threatening to tell the cops about her stolen money, or interfering with her relationship with Hanna’s dad. And since we know that Detective Wilden has had a thing for Ms. Marin since way back when (Season 2, Episode 13: “The First Secret”), it would make sense that Wilden is punishing her for turning him down. We’re thinking this is one guy who does not take rejection well.
3. He attended Noel’s Halloween party (a.k.a. the creepiest Halloween party ever). We learned that Detective Wilden may in fact have been acquainted with Ali when we see him mysteriously trolling around Noel’s (Brant Daugherty) Halloween party. This raises the distinct possibility that Wilden was the one who sent Ali (Sasha Pieterse) that text from “A” at Noel’s party, or who left the note that was stabbed into the pumpkin and written on a party invite. Perhaps he was even the baby-masked assailant in the spooky house and not Lucas (Brendan Robinson)? Either way, if we never see another one of those freaky baby masks again, it’ll be too soon.
4. Speaking of shovels, we wish we could dig a hole and toss him in. Officer Garrett (Yani Gellman) is definitely up to no good, so the fact that he and Darren are so tight on the police force makes us suspicious. And “A” being a police officer would certainly explain how “A” gets access to so many hiding places, or how the police got tipped off to the fact that the girls were in possession of the Shovel of Doom (Season 2, Episode 12: “Over My Dead Body”). Long story short, Rosewood’s police force is in need of an internal investigation, stat!
5. Say cheese, girls! It seems a little fishy that Detective Wilden had that photo of the girls sneaking into the morgue in candy-striper outfits, even though he claims to have just gotten it off of the security cameras. We think it’s more likely that he had it because he was stalking the girls at the time, and he’s now showing off the photo just as the police happen to nab Caleb’s computer. We’re guessing that’s one photo the girls won’t be tagging themselves in on Facebook.
6. He loves looking through their bags. “A” is constantly snooping and going through the girls’ things, and we’ve learned that those are two of Detective Wilden’s favorite pastimes as well. First, Ms. Marin finally gives him the boot when she sees him rifling through Hanna’s purse (Season 1, Episode 3: “To Kill a Mocking Girl”), and then we see him go through Emily’s (Shay Mitchell) things when he finds those pieces of Ali’s memorial (Season 1, Episode 9: “The Perfect Storm”). Apparently, Darren searches more bags than airport security does.
Pretty Little Liars" googleanalytics ="UA-10597003-4" postauthor="kayti-burt" posttag="Pretty Little Liars" tagstring="Pretty Little Liars,Features" data-url="http://www.wetpaint.com/2015-07-27-pretty-little-liars-a-reveals-that-would-be-the-most-shocking/" onClick="AjaxContentCall(1428874,1);">