5. Emily’s love life is never going to be simple, is it? Is Emily (Shay Mitchell) ever gonna find a stable relationship? We’re thinking not. Granted, we respect Em for sticking to her guns and spurning Paige (Lindsey Shaw), since Em has true feelings for Maya (Bianca Lawson) — but where the heck is Maya? Emily certainly got well-acquainted with Maya’s voicemail this week, but Maya herself disappeared without a trace — that is, until that officer showed up at Emily’s door to talk about Maya. And whenever cops show up on this show, it’s not a good sign.
4. Ella gives Ezria a chance, leaving Aria just as shocked as we were! We were pretty sure we had seen the last of Ezria this week (although that’s certainly not the first time we’ve written those words!), with Ezra (Ian Harding) being offered the job in New Orleans. But then Aria’s mom Ella (Holly Marie Combs) surprisingly swooped in to save the day, saying she’ll try to understand their relationship. (What’s to understand?! They’re perfect for each other!) But we wish Ella the best of luck in getting Byron (Chad Lowe) to agree — she’s gonna need all the luck she can get.
3. What’s more romantic than a sloppy, drunken make-out sesh? Is Spoby officially a thing of the past? It sure looked that way, with Spencer (Troian Bellisario) and Wren (Julian Morris) getting awfully cozy at Wren’s swanky pad after their chance meeting at the bar. Heck, even the strongest supporters of Team Spoby would have to admit that things between Wrencer got ridiculously hot this week, right? (We’re just glad Spencer didn’t start reading that Aristotle book instead of making out, since you just never know with her.)
2. Mona apologizes for shoplifting. (Winona Ryder and Lindsay Lohan would be proud.) It was not long ago when we were mighty suspicious of Mona (Janel Parrish) — she was skinny-dipping with Noel (Brant Daugherty), or popping up behind Spencer at the train station — so we apologize if we’re a bit shocked that Mona now seems — dare we say! — nice. In fact, we thought for sure that she would go public with Hanna’s shoplifting report, but we were wrong. And just think that, at one time, it seemed that Mona and the Liars patching things up was about as likely as there being peace in the Middle East.
1. Melissa is back, and she’s more suspicious than ever! So, is Melissa (Torrey DeVitto) “A”? It sure looks seems possible, given that she used to intern at the law firm that was at the address which Jonah gave the girls. Plus, we now know that Melissa was on the video from the night Ali died, and we see that she’s also spending a lot of time with Garrett. And what exactly does Melissa want to talk to Spencer about at the end of the episode? Whatever it is, it’s clear that Melissa has a whole lot of explaining to do!
Be sure to tune in for the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Monday, February 27 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.