Who Is Jillian Dempsey? 5 Things to Know About Patrick Dempsey’s Wife
When Grey’s Anatomy premiered in 2005, nearly every female viewer would have happily exchanged their significant other for McDreamy. Seven years later, and we bet they still feel the same way.
So who is the lucky girl who stole Patrick Dempsey’s (Derek Shepherd) heart in real life? We took a closer look at the off-screen Mrs. McDreamy: Jillian Dempsey.
1. She’s a world-famous makeup artist. Jillian Dempsey, formerly Jillian Fink, began her career as a professional makeup artist in the ‘90s, when she traveled through Paris and London picking up trade skills. She worked on movie sets and became friendly with stars like Drew Barrymore, who recruited her to work on lip glosses for Charlie’s Angels. From there, her career took off, and she counts A-list celebrities among her high-wattage clients.
2. She’s an Avon Lady. Jillian was enlisted by Avon in 2006 to become their first Global Creative Color Director. This is a major coup for a mid-level makeup artist trying to go from a behind-the-scenes makeup artist working on movie sets to a household name.
3. They have three children together. After they were married in 1999 (Patrick had been married once before, to his mother’s best friend Rocky Parker, 27 years his senior), the couple had their first child, Tallulah Fyfe, who just turned 10 yesterday (February 20). They also have 5-year-old twins named Sullivan Patrick and Darby Galen.
4. She tests out makeup colors and nail polishes on Patrick. Patrick once told People, "I had to explain to my guy friends why I had five different colors on my hand,” referring to the various shades of nail polish Jillian had tested on his manly nails.
5. She met Patrick at her hair salon in 1994. Though they were both in relationships at the time, they both say how memorable their first meeting was, when Patrick turned up at her Delux Hair Salon for a haircut. “She was always flirting,” says Patrick.
We definitely think Jillian is the right woman for the dreamiest doc on TV.
Catch an all-new Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, February 23 at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.