But in real life, Chyler’s love life is blissfully simple. She has been married for almost 10 years to the actor Nathan West, and we thought we’d get to know him a little better. Here are 5 things to know:
1) He’s the guy who played the straight male cheerleader inBring It On! If you recall, there were two male cheerleaders on the Toros: Les, who was openly gay, and Jan, who had a flirty thing going on with beautiful blonde cheerleader Courtney (Clare Kramer).
2) They met in 2000, when they played “troubled friends” of Jessica Biel’s character (Mary Camden) on 7th Heaven.
3) Nathan proposed to Chyler on the set of Not Another Teen Movie (Nathan played the fake Freddie Prinze, Jr. type), and the whole thing was caught on camera. You can watch his proposal in this video.
4) They have three children together: Noah, 8; Taelyn 5; and Anniston, 2.
5) They have a pact where whoever guesses the correct gender of their baby gets to choose the name. Chyler guessed that her firstborn would be a boy, so she named Noah. Nathan guessed that their next two would be girls, so he named Taelyn and Anniston. Guess it’s obvious who has the more whimsical taste in naming!
We think the whole family is adorable, no matter what their names are.
Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.